Notices

letting go of life long friends

Old 02-09-2019, 02:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

letting go of life long friends

My three best friends I had to quit talking to. They all drink and use drugs and have no respect for recovery. One also like myself was on disability also and we talked everyday for hours he hated AA and I went we would bash it together when I was drunk. I realized after a Spiritual Experience that took away my obsession to drink I had to protect my recovery even though I did not crave alcohol. Being on disability with no hobby's I was doing anymore back then I new I got a hold of something big for an alcoholic and I had to cherish it. I had to let em go no talking to them we are not anything like each other anymore and there not good people not just because of there vices but many other things also. I admit I did not protect my sobriety when I had four years before but I new I was real fragile at the time and needed a new beginning.Well I'm still sober no cravings and that don't make anyone bullet proof that I know from my first time I had this long sober. 228 days sober can't believe it God is good to me!!!
Old 02-09-2019, 03:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its really good to see you making tough choices for your recovery dsmaxis

D
Old 02-10-2019, 08:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It sounds like you have out grown your old friends. There is nothing wrong with that, life happens.

Finding new friends who are more like the "new you" will happen, it just may take some time.