Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Shared Characteristics of Different Recovery Methods

Notices

Shared Characteristics of Different Recovery Methods

Old 02-10-2019, 09:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Respectfully, in general that's really all there is. Whenever we get into discussions about what works, we really just mean what works for us or people we know. AA might pick up 5% with their philosophy, maybe RR and Lifering pick up different 5% parts, Smart gets 5%, counselors get another 5%, and meanwhile close to 50% just stop drinking and move on with their lives without all the added baggage. No drama, no program, they just stop, and that works for them.

There are no general rules, and I think it's really important for people coming to places like this to understand this. Stop drinking and all *can* be well, and the only critical part of it all is that you stop drinking, using whatever tools and philosophy works best for you.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are no general rules, and I think it's really important for people coming to places like this to understand this.
The point of this thread was to find general characteristics that applied to all successful methods.

There must be a subset of such things, otherwise all of us are talking out our hats

Making the focus instead on rules, I submit is a different thing.

That might lead to this thread turning into a contest to see who can metaphorically 'pee the highest', which I don't think would be as beneficial

D