Notices

Finally...

Old 01-18-2019, 03:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Embracing Joys of Sobriety

Finally...

Since I joined this site I have made several attempts to get sober. I went few months without drinking only to repeat the cycle until just now. My two daughters confronted me with my endless cycles and begged me to go to an inpatient treatment center for 28 days.

I was and still am ashamed that I subjected my family to this. All of sudden I no longer want to drink anymore. No half hearted or lukewarm approaches. I felt that a treatment center will provide me coping skills and learn how to face triggers without resorting to alcohol to block such trauma out.

I think I will be going in February. My insurance has decided and all that. Now I am growing anxious about it as it is over 1,500 miles away.

But I have to save myself and move on from last few years of misery and broken dreams.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

It is the best gift you could ever give yourself! Congratulations!
Old 01-18-2019, 06:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Gem - That's wonderful news. I'm so glad you've made this life changing decision. You'll have a whole new beginning - it's exciting.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you in seeking treatment! I did inpatient care March of 2016 and haven’t taken a drink since. A lot of it for me was getting me out of my environment for a month to get over that first non drinking hump. Then being taught some good coping skills once I had to return to my old life. Best of luck!
Old 01-18-2019, 07:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

backing up decisions with actions has served me well and i wish you the best with that.