Notices

I'm quitting the drink

Old 01-02-2019, 09:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm quitting the drink

Hello,
My last post I admitted I wasn't ready but I am now. I'm not going into details but if you know me from another post you'll know I lose friends because of it. I've lost 4 friends including 2 were women. I have a good friend still left and I am NOT losing him because of alcohol.

I also had a long talk with family over the holidays too. DEC 30th 2018 was the last day I got hammered. I am not giving alcohol anymore of my life as it has taken so much away from me at this point with nothing in return.

Am I scared? Kinda. But being friends with alcohol meant I didn't need anyone else and that's how it was with alcohol. Gross. Being friends with a bottle that is not even a person all the while chasing other people away.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Fronting - I think that's a great decision
Any ideas on what your plan might entail yet?

D
Old 01-02-2019, 09:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So, today is day 3 for you?
Old 01-02-2019, 09:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back Fronting - I think that's a great decision
Any ideas on what your plan might entail yet?

D
Hello Dee.
My plan is to not let my hand push a bottle to my face and keep it that way no matter how I feel. I'll have to see what happens after that much is kept up.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
So, today is day 3 for you?
Hello,
lol I guess so isn't it? Day 3!
Old 01-02-2019, 09:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fronting View Post
Hello Dee.
My plan is to not let my hand push a bottle to my face and keep it that way no matter how I feel. I'll have to see what happens after that much is kept up.
“No drinking, no matter how I feel.”

I used these exact words every day to stay sober. Because you’re going to sometimes feel like s**t. But you don’t have to ever be hungover again.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

you know what used to help me too? I'd say to myself.."this is your LAST day 1 or 2 or 3 or 7 or 300 or 415 ....etc.....because it got easier to get through every day I put under my belt.

Like Sassy said, you'll still have tough days, but they won't be as raw as they are now, ever again.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sober style

Good for you, Fronting. That poison wasn't doing you any favors, that's for sure. With friends like that, who needs enemies amirite!
Old 01-03-2019, 05:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back and congrats on day 3 fronting. While you are still very early on and likely still going through acute withdrawals, i'd suggest coming up with some ideas instead of just "waiting to see what happens". Not drinking no matter what is a good concept and i'm glad you are following it - but things will happen that will challenge your resolve/will/promise to stay sober no matter what. Having a fallback or support network or plan of some kind can really help when that happens.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Right there with you, friend. We got this.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great way to start the year! Take it slow and steady! You can do it! Wishing you the best!
Old 01-04-2019, 10:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I appreciate all the encouragement from all of yins!

It's 1:19am now and I'm sober and content. Normally I eat healthy and don't over eat but then I dump jugs of beer in my belly. I know how stupid is that? But this time I just went off and have been eating cheese burgers and fries (not fast food) and eating until I can't eat anymore. That seems to make me have no room for beer lol.

I'm so sick of the regrets and the apologies I have to hand out. Oh I'm sorry I was drunk. Please forgive me. Won't happen again!!! haha yea right Here have another apology! Oh wait it didn't work this time, darn. And then the people you make upset know you and just like clock work here you come with a brand new apology like its something new!
Attached Images
File Type: png
rr.PNG (35.5 KB, 843 views)
Old 01-09-2019, 04:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I like your cartoon.

Drunk dialing was always frightful the next day, even though feeling self-assured that people wanted to hear my wisdom about life when I was drinking gave me absolute confidence in calling them.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

How are you doing?
Old 01-14-2019, 06:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hello All.
I'm still on the wagon and do not intend to get off. I decided to get out of my place and go visit some family which does help. When I am all alone in my home it is possible that the drinking habit continues on its path. And I had a run in with an alcoholic friend before I left, ex girlfriend, who came to my house drunk while I am sober and things went sour really fast. I'm not getting into those details because its all sadness. All I can say is we played hot potato with alcohol. First she quit and had to deal with me then, like a strike of bad luck, as soon as I decided to stop she started up again like as if I passed her the habit, but I didn't as it was all her decision. We are separated.

I'm eating like a pig. My digestion system works so much better when not drinking. It seems to take a week to get back into working order. My skin seems a little better and my mind is more clear.

The way I look at it is this is a dangerous world and you need to be on-guard at all times with a sober mind set. When you are drunk people pick up on it and the chances of you getting taken advantage of is many times more. Plus, for them men out there your testosterone levels return to normal and that is a major good thing. I don't know if I am there yet but I assume I will be eventually.

I watched a ton of youtube videos, I searched for, "quit drinking alcohol." These videos help because they are ex alcoholic who tell you straight up its better sober as everyone here does too.

If you are on the fence or having trouble stopping just stop and deal with whatever cards come your way. Your deck is always better sober than drunk. Heck, you can't even see your deck drunk to know what to even play.

I'm doing well as I can be. I hope one day months down the road I can tell you all more of my journey.

See you all later.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the update fronting - glad you're doing well

D
Old 01-15-2019, 06:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Six months in and I still eat quite a bit more than before and especially crave sweets. Luckily I'm not overweight (although I'd prefer to lose five pounds). I figure it's better to overeat a little bit than to be a drunk so not worried about it for now.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:06 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hello all.
I'm not a scientist with some special way to quit. I just stopped putting alcohol in my mouth and accepted whatever happens.

A few things I have noticed I'd like to share.

My hair seems to have slowed falling out. I used to get hair all over the place in my comb and through my fingers as I untangle it. It definitely is not shedding as much. People said I was thinning noticeably too before.

I used to be super sensitive to fats all around the days of drinking and I would get excessive sebum in my face. While i still get it it is not near as bad all the while eating fatty foods. My liver is able to handle fat digestion. Also digestion overall has increased to almost normal but i have some ways to go yet.

Its great to wake up and still feel like I'm getting old because I am almost 50 but i don't feel poisoned anymore. I don't miss that stink from my body as alcohol came oozing out of my skin. I just don't smell like that anymore. You know that dark evil smell of your insides coming out of your armpits and face. No more red flushing face. yuck

I can wake up and not run to my phone to see who I called or texted and feel comfortable knowing I have a stable life now.

I got more money now.

I'm a little bored at times but like i said I will accept anything that happens to me and always not consume alcohol.

I noticed I do not game online anymore. I was so entangled with that and alcohol they became one. I have no desire to game online without alcohol. I used to have a great time doing it too but so what its gone.

I think the best thing is I am able to catalog my life as the days go on. I remember what happened last week, I can build upon those days and plan for the future. Or I can be lazy, but this is no fun because getting stuff done is more satisfying than procrastinating.

I'm rocking on with this. I have always complained I feel stuck in a rut for 15 or more years and its probably because of the alcohol.

Again, I took no scientific way to do this. I did this because alcohol is not good for us and the bible even states this. God knows what is best for us and being a drunkard is not what God intended. I'm guilty of this no doubt. Its time to drop it and stop acting like a fool(points finger at self.)
Old 01-27-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
sober style

Great work, Fronting. Yeah, once we put away the poison for good, the good things start happening, same thing happened with me. We're on the right track now, taking care of these bodies like we're supposed to! Reclaiming our lives, can't beat that.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:01 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go on your progress fronting

D