Notices

5 years and 5 months tomorrow

Old 12-19-2018, 03:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

5 years and 5 months tomorrow

My monthly reminder to myself to stay off the poison. Remember if you are on the fence about this, quit now. There's absolutely nothing positive with continuing drinking. Even if you think that you will lose friends and all that. Well, the truth is, most of these friends we have in bars and elsewhere while we are actively drinking don't want you to succeed. They are threatened by the fact that you are hanging up the booze. Make a decision, stick with it and the world will open up for you. Any problems you have will still be there but they are dramatically easier to deal with sober without anxiety and hangover. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats again tnman

D
Old 12-19-2018, 04:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

problems you have will still be there but they are dramatically easier to deal with sober
Boy oh boy, is this ever true. I can face disaster if I'm sober. Drunk, I couldn't face anything.

Congrats on 5 yrs and 5 months sober!! And thank you for reminding us all that sobriety is not only possible, it's enjoyable.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for your message, tnman. I’m at 6 months and have started to notice the decline in relationships and can clearly see how my old drinking friends don’t want me to succeed. Your message gives me strength.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats tnman!

Yes after my ABF just broke up with me, One of his big reasons was that he lost his drinking buddy, and he had no control over that. He never had any say in it.

Right now, I’m down to my one friend in Florida (far away) who rarely drinks, just a matter of time before I get a positive influx of friends.

5 years.....5 months. 65 months!

So awesome you posted.

Thank you and
Old 12-19-2018, 06:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grateful

Congrats on your continuing sobriety tnman! I like seeing your monthly post/reminder as I am exactly 3 months and 3 days ahead of you and it acts as a reminder for me too.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

Congratulations!!
Old 12-21-2018, 08:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

good post
you inspire
Old 12-22-2018, 07:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So true about what you say about people not wanting you to succeed. I was just sharing this at a meeting last night. When I got sober 26 months ago, I had nothing but unhealthy and toxic relationships and I hid my alcoholism well enough and kept a distance from those that really would care about me.

In my recovery I’ve experience more people trying to enable me failing than supporting me and sadly many of those are family members by way of my marriage. It’s really quite sad.

Boundaries and inviting these relationships out of my life drive them crazy because they lose control but the upside is I maintain my sobriety and spiritual peace. I will not suffer toxic relationships in sobriety for the sake of hierarchal status quo.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on your recovery and thanks for sharing your advice!
Old 12-31-2018, 03:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats and thx for the reminder