Notices

Almost a year??!!

Old 12-18-2018, 02:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost a year??!!

December 25 will be my one year anniversary of no alcohol. Getting thru the holidays has been a little difficult because we have big parties at the house and most everyone drinks. When I get tempted I just try and remember the "day after" and that helps. Went to my husband's work Christmas Party and there was a lady there that I use to be friends with and she was drunk and being loud and I was so glad I wasn't drinking because I would have been right along side her being obnoxious. I can say that I have made more and saved more money this year. I have lost 20 pounds. I don't have any regrets in this last year as in drunk antics that would have me sick with shame. It's been a good year. A lot of people ask me that since I made my "year" am I going to start drinking again. Even had one friend say that they can't wait till I'm off the wagon so we can hang out again. I don't feel uncomfortable with my not drinking until people start telling me that they can't wait for me to drink again. I have found that my "triggers" are changing. My biggest trigger now is people. Before it was boredom and people. I have found myself to be so much more productive so boredom isn't an issue. Merry Christmas friends. I wouldn't have made it a year without you all!!
Old 12-18-2018, 03:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations LadyBug

D
Old 12-18-2018, 03:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations, ladybug! For what it’s worth, I’m very proud of you.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations Ladybug!! I have some friends like that too. I don’t foresee having them as friends much longer...who needs friends like that!! Merry Christmas to you!
Old 12-18-2018, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

People.

If only they had a mute button.

Congrats on your year! That's so great.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My ex ABF ( boy, it feels good to say that ) did not want me to succeed and did not want me to be permanently abstinent . “ how long are you going to be on this kick?”

Tha’s Right! Tha’s right! You go!

Wonderful story and great to share your thoughts on struggles

Congrats!
Old 12-18-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your first of many sober years! Ignore those 'friends' as they do not have your best interests at heart.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Stopped drinking on Christmas day! You are needed over in another thread where someone is trying to decide whether to quit now or wait until after new years. You are an inspiration to us all.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WaterOx View Post
Congratulations, ladybug! For what it’s worth, I’m very proud of you.

It means the world to me! Thank you, WaterOx!
Old 12-18-2018, 06:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
My ex ABF ( boy, it feels good to say that ) did not want me to succeed and did not want me to be permanently abstinent . “ how long are you going to be on this kick?”

Tha’s Right! Tha’s right! You go!

Wonderful story and great to share your thoughts on struggles

Congrats!
My husband drinks daily and I feel he wants me to start drinking again too because it makes him uncomfortable. He lost his drinking buddy.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DriGuy View Post
Stopped drinking on Christmas day! You are needed over in another thread where someone is trying to decide whether to quit now or wait until after new years. You are an inspiration to us all.
Thank you. I had many people that were an inspiration to me a long this journey for sure. That makes me feel good that I might have payed it forward.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations LadyBug! This will be my first sober Christmas so your post came at just the right time, thank you

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a healthy New Year

Old 12-19-2018, 04:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBug66 View Post
Thank you. I had many people that were an inspiration to me a long this journey for sure. That makes me feel good that I might have payed it forward.
Oh, you do pay it forward. Stories like this are inspiring to newbies and old timers alike. I never get tired of hearing about success.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Great post, Ladybug!
I am working on 7.5 months. What a milestone to reach a year! Congratulations.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My husband drinks daily and I feel he wants me to start drinking again too because it makes him uncomfortable. He lost his drinking buddy.
Congrats on a year Ladybug, and kudos for recognizing what you state above. It's even more difficult to stay sober when those around us every day don't support it...but testament to how hard you've worked. And also an inspiration to those who might be in the same situation!
Old 12-19-2018, 07:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congratulations, enjoy the holidays. They are better sober, I’ve uad people ask me when I’m going to drink again. I didn’t know I was that important.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Grateful

Congrats on your upcoming 1 year LadyBug!
Old 12-19-2018, 01:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kdon853 View Post
Congratulations, enjoy the holidays. They are better sober, I’ve uad people ask me when I’m going to drink again. I didn’t know I was that important.
I have been surprised by the people that want me drinking again. Could it be misery loves company?
Old 12-19-2018, 03:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I have been surprised by the people that want me drinking again. Could it be misery loves company?
Yes and they feel threatened or see their own stupidity in continuing to drink while you are successful living life to the fullest. The longer I stay sober the more I resent drinkers and the Alcohol culture we live in. Its such a waste of time and energy. I know I ruffle feathers with my anti alcohol stance but I can honestly say, now when I got sober I can see why the folks in the organized Temperance Movement have a point. I'm not advocating making alcohol illegal but I sure don't see any positives with using it. I'm hardcore I know. Didn't mean to hijack your thread, congrats to your success.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Congrats!!