Notices

Almost a year??!!

Old 12-19-2018, 04:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBug66 View Post
My husband drinks daily and I feel he wants me to start drinking again too because it makes him uncomfortable. He lost his drinking buddy.
Yes. Exactly.

We are freshly broken up, after “on”. “Off” “on” “off” enough dysfunction to blow a fuse!

In one of his final (I believe drunk texts), he admitted he did not want me sober, was upset I succeeded and how awful it was to lose his drinking partner.

Sorry, dudes, this is about US! We only get one round , and we decide to LIVE. 😊
Old 12-21-2018, 09:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congratulation LadyBug and thank you for your inspiring post. I am on a mission not to relapse this Christmas (like I did last year)......I am just 2 months sober now. My husband drinks too and it is a challenge. But this time I really want to make it. Thank you for showing it can be done!
Old 12-23-2018, 07:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congratulations!
Old 12-23-2018, 08:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Congrats congrats on your anniversary and merry Christmas! My old friends probably liked me more when I drank, too. I was more talkative and social, definitely went out more. I like to think they just aren’t aware of how bad things were going on with me
Old 12-23-2018, 05:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Upstairs View Post
Congrats congrats on your anniversary and merry Christmas! My old friends probably liked me more when I drank, too. I was more talkative and social, definitely went out more. I like to think they just aren’t aware of how bad things were going on with me
I think that is true for me too. I don't think anyone really knew how bad I was.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Happy 364 and Merry Christmas, Ladybug!! In addition to the thoughts and chat back and forth already on this thread - I'll add that it keeps getting better, more "real" in our ability to recognize and handle the good and tough in life, and amazing as we see the changes for the better as well as the challenges and phases and people we become increasingly equipped to "handle"!
Old 01-01-2019, 06:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Wow LadyBug congrats on hitting that year mark.!! That's a huge accomplishment, good for you. Only 364 more days until I get there myself lol.