Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Alcohol monitoring devices: SoberLInk vs BacTrack

Notices

Old 11-23-2018, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello,

I’m usually on the Friends and Family forum, but I thought this might be a good place for this particular question.

My ex-husband and I have a court order requiring him to use SoberLink breathalyzer monitoring to provide continuous proof that he is sober during visits with my daughter. He has informed me that he intends to discontinue SoberLink and instead use another device called BacTrack because it is cheaper.

To the best of my knowledge, he is still actively drinking although he can manage to abstain for short visits with her.

Do any of you have any experience with portable breathalyzers, and specifically with SoberLink vs BacTrack? Or any other thoughts on this situation?
Old 11-24-2018, 03:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sasha I have no experience to share and I'm not in the US. but if he's court ordered to use a type/brand then he may have to go back to court to make that switch happen?
The main thing is the safety of your daughter and it looks like thats been safeguarded, yeah?