Notices

1year booze free yesterday

Old 11-12-2018, 02:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lpg

1year booze free yesterday

Hey

just made 1 year booze free and feel wonderful as a result. Life is great today iv been quietly working away on my recovery through therapy.

​​​​​​it hasnt been all plain sailing I really struggled hard in the first 8 months particularly but once I started therapy theres been a real change in my attitude towards being booze free. I didnt accept it in the beginning but I do now and I wouldnt change it for the world. I dont have a desire to drink anymore and learning to love life more without it. Dont get me wrong i still have my moments I just dont let them control me now.

cant wait to see what year 2 has in store, decided year one was finding my feet and year 2 is going to be more productive. Hope everyone doing good thanks for reading.

lpg
Old 11-12-2018, 02:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations! I too have found each year different - at 2 yr 9 mo now. Keep going! It is more than worth it as you have found.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Congratulations! I too have found each year different - at 2 yr 9 mo now. Keep going! It is more than worth it as you have found.
thanks august and congrats on 2yr9mths. Yes im glad I fought past the hard times its absolutely worth it.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations lpg

D
Old 11-12-2018, 04:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I year is a wonderful milestone, LPG. Some underplay 'birthdays', but I think they are important to recognize and celebrate. Do something nice for yourself.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats LPG, one year is fantastic! I hope you find peace and continue to grow in year 2.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's a great inspiration to hear for everyone who is striving in sobriety.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 1 year, Lpg!
Old 11-12-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow so inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing. I can’t wait to post my one year note myself.

In fact I was so anxious that I accidentally posted in the one-year and over club when I was only 50 days in

As newbies we really find it helpful when we hear that it’s not all rose petals and heavenly smells It takes hard work and it’s so worth it isn’t it?

Congratulations again on your one year anniversary
Old 11-12-2018, 08:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

way to go, Lpg!
Old 11-12-2018, 09:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
I year is a wonderful milestone, LPG. Some underplay 'birthdays', but I think they are important to recognize and celebrate. Do something nice for yourself.
thanks phoenix, yes it sure feels worth celebrating. My partner treated me to some nice new perfume I thought that was lovely of him very touching.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Congrats LPG, one year is fantastic! I hope you find peace and continue to grow in year 2.
thanks scott and thanks for all your advice over the year, especially re therapy it has helped me hugely and gave me.the push I needed to get my butt there that has been a valuable tool for me. Feeling alot more peace in my life now.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congratulations lpg that's an amazing achievement!
Old 11-12-2018, 09:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Amazing stuff. Something to strive for. At what point did everything change? I hear people talking about the obsession being removed but I find it hard to conceive of that idea at the mo!
Old 11-12-2018, 09:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Wow so inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing. I can’t wait to post my one year note myself.

In fact I was so anxious that I accidentally posted in the one-year and over club when I was only 50 days in

As newbies we really find it helpful when we hear that it’s not all rose petals and heavenly smells It takes hard work and it’s so worth it isn’t it?

Congratulations again on your one year anniversary
hey thanks free2beme

Yes I know what you mean, and it is tough especially in the beginning, take away the booze great but all the other sh*t is still there. Its learning a new way to manage that, it takes time and alot of hard work but wow its so worth it.

my life has never been brighter. Stick in keep going you wont regret it I promise. Congrats on your sober time

lpg x
Old 11-12-2018, 09:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congratulations lpg

D
Old 11-12-2018, 09:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by fini View Post
way to go, Lpg!
Old 11-12-2018, 09:39 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Guener View Post
That's a great inspiration to hear for everyone who is striving in sobriety.
thank you guener. Keep striving 🙏
Old 11-12-2018, 09:39 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Opivotal View Post
Congratulations on 1 year, Lpg!
Old 11-12-2018, 09:51 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Briansy View Post
Amazing stuff. Something to strive for. At what point did everything change? I hear people talking about the obsession being removed but I find it hard to conceive of that idea at the mo!
hey briansy,

for me everything changed when I went to therapy. Im still going now. Its gave me a much better understanding of myself and made me realise I had alot of things going on in this mind of mine its no wonder I ended up where I did, but the old way of coping wasnt working for me and therapy has gave me some new tools to help manage. Even just being able to speak without judgement really helps. If you havent tried therapy my advice is to go for it.

In the beginning I was completely obsessed before I went, all I could do was think about alcohol. How it tastes, smells, affect and I wanted it, I knew I couldnt have it but it didnt stop me thinking about it all day and thats no fun, it torture. Over time and working with the therapist I actually say no thanks and mean it, I dont have any desire to drink atm and I hope that continues.

hope you find your peace it will come keep going.