Notices

Jaundiice & Very Very Sick Liver

Old 11-09-2018, 08:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
If it's something concerning like blood, you should go in to get checked.

But yes, especially with an established medical condition, stay off Google and let the doctors handle it.
No it wasn't. I found out it could just be digestive issues.
So I just need to quit freaking out. But it definitely makes me think about what am I doing to myself. With abstinence my liver can have a chance to heal to a point to where it can stay stable.
Stupid anxiety.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well so far I've made it 24 hours.. AA tomorrow....
Old 11-10-2018, 08:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Day one down!!!
Old 11-11-2018, 07:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

48 Hours and doing good!! No WD just tired from no sleep. Some anxiety but I have meds for that but so far haven't taken any. May need them by tomorrow, but I'm hanging in there. My hubby is even trying to cut back! Hopefully we can do this together.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Great job marissa!!

Put your foot down when the voice acts up. When it comes to the addiction, YOU are the boss. You decide what goes in your mouth: at all times!

It will get noisy. It will find any way to get you to drink that it can. It's creepy and sneaky like that. Be the boss. always say no.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:45 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

That's great news Marissa, hope your next 48 hours are even better than the last!
Old 11-12-2018, 07:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Had bad sweats last night but I suppose that normal going into day 3. I feel good not waking up with a hangover on a Monday. I was sober for several weeks in Sept. after the brief hospital detox and platelet transfusion. I didn't count days just took it one day at a time. Then the cat died! I don't know why except the demons wanted to mess with my sobriety. I love my kitties! I shouldn't have reacted like that..
I didn't go to the AA meeting this weekend. It was hard just to make it to the grocery store. I'm not promising today either but will let you know when I finally go. I've been before so I know where it is but I've only been to the women's meetings and not an open meeting. I really don't want to go alone.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:26 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

The sweats are very, very common - glad you have made it to day 3! Regarding the meeting, perhaps you could call ahead and see if someone could meet you there before it starts or maybe even give you a ride?
Old 11-12-2018, 10:43 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I understand how you feel. I’ve abstained for most of this year but have struggled with relapses for a while now in spite of symptoms that tend to freak me out.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:17 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you feel a little better Marissa - look forward to hearing about your AA meeting

D
Old 11-13-2018, 05:45 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Starting day 4! Feeling ok. Eating ok. No major setbacks so far.
Daughter's 22nd birthday in tomorrow and don't have a clue what to do..
Oh well, I'll figure it out.. I'll work on the AA meeting later this week when I get past this. Thx for the support. The cravings and anxiety haven't been horrible so for now I'm doing ok.. I haven't even taken any medication.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:15 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Well done Marissa! Each day gets a bit better, doesn't it?
Old 11-13-2018, 11:52 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marissa41 View Post
Starting day 4! Feeling ok. Eating ok. No major setbacks so far.
Daughter's 22nd birthday in tomorrow and don't have a clue what to do..
Oh well, I'll figure it out.. I'll work on the AA meeting later this week when I get past this. Thx for the support. The cravings and anxiety haven't been horrible so for now I'm doing ok.. I haven't even taken any medication.
Does she want to spend it with you? Some 22 year olds are busy or taken up with life, but some will check in on their birthdays. If she's away, send her a few things on Amazon and a nice card. If she's close by and wants to come over, buy or make a cake, take her to dinner or make something she likes, clean up and put out flowers.

I remember "doing early sobriety" (full time job right there) and birthdays coming up, trying so hard to achieve normalcy for my family when my entire body and brain were in an uproar, fighting and screaming at me internally to get booze in, I was so used to drinking that not drinking rendered me nonfunctional and I had to fake it to make it, with family and work.

it's a long process. I know you don't want to go to AA for various reasons. I wanted to go early on but my exhaustion and anxiety and discomfort made it hard to sit through 60-90 minutes of fellowship. it was physically easier to rest. Once you are past five days or so you really should go. The support helps when you feel like your world is ending. In a way, it does end, to make room for a new life.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:06 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thx Sassy.. My daughter has autism and still lives at home. She's a bit on the immature side, but I might take her to lunch. She goes to the stable to brush horses on Wednesday morning so that gives me a chance to get her a cake. She'd probably like a trip to GameStop.. haha.. But yes the AA meetings are coming. I know of 2 women's meetings in town. Monday & Wednesday. I've been to those years ago. Those are the one's I prefer. I might try some others too. But for now hanging in there.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:45 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Marissa, it sounds like you're doing well and getting through each day. I hope you have an enjoyable time celebrating your daughter's birthday.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:24 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thx Sassy.. My daughter has autism and still lives at home. She's a bit on the immature side, but I might take her to lunch. She goes to the stable to brush horses on Wednesday morning so that gives me a chance to get her a cake. She'd probably like a trip to GameStop.. haha.. But yes the AA meetings are coming. I know of 2 women's meetings in town. Monday & Wednesday. I've been to those years ago. Those are the one's I prefer. I might try some others too. But for now hanging in there.
Sounds like a perfect birthday. I'm glad you know some meetings you like. That helps motivate you to go.

My 21 year old has high functioning aspergers, so I know about the immature side of the spectrum. She has graduated from college in engineering, but certain life roadblocks are often in the way. Change is hard for her. One thing my 21 year old does love to do, is hang out with Mom, and I still love that. Nudging her to move forward, but enjoying her company still.

You're doing great. . Keep going! Try to enjoy the small moments we miss when we are drinking.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:02 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

My poor kid has a stomach bug for her birthday. She can't eat and feels horrible. Guess we'll be celebrating later. I've been up all night with her.
Working on day 5!!! WooHoo...
Old 11-14-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope she feels better soon., poor thing. Congrats on day 5

D
Old 11-14-2018, 03:35 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

My poor kid has a stomach bug for her birthday. She can't eat and feels horrible. Guess we'll be celebrating later. I've been up all night with her.
Working on day 5!!! WooHoo...
Oh no!!
she's lucky to have her mom.

Keep mom safe and healthy too: sobriety is paramount. sobriety is your oxygen mask. do everything you possibly can to keep it!

congrats on day five!
Old 11-15-2018, 02:37 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

How are you doing young lady?