Notices

Physical Signs and Visible Behavior

Old 11-05-2018, 05:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Physical Signs and Visible Behavior

What are the physical and health symptoms of an alcoholic who is in mid to late stage active alcoholism? I’m curious what is visible to friends and family who only see things from the outside and are being lied to. When do we see symptoms like their seeming to constantly have a cold with sniffles and cough, hair thinning, weight changes and vision issues. I’m thinking about those type of symptoms and whether they indicate more life threatening organ deterioration. If an alcoholic is 29 and has been in active addiction for several years minus a one year gap in the middle. What is the progression?

What does the behavioral progression look like: moodiness, being late or canceling, isolation, etc?
Old 11-05-2018, 05:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I answered in your other thread:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post7048389 (Physical Signs: Late Stage Alcoholism)
Old 11-05-2018, 07:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

There's really no standard "progression", each person is affected differently. Having said that, the effects of excessive drinking are usually not positive at all.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, hair thinning, weight changes, vision issues, isolation, and mood swings are all signs of alcoholic progression.

I'll add lies, forgetting what was said and done, lack of remorse, lack of appetite, sneaky behavior and personality changes: Jekyll and Hyde phenomenon.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

All of the above!