Notices

The I can do more attitude

Old 10-23-2018, 10:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The I can do more attitude

While on this journey I’m starting to realize a pattern I have, really an attitude. I can do more. I can drink more. I can make more. I can clean more. It then moves to well I did all this so I deserve it. I deserve the drink. I deserve the night off. I deserve. And you know that this thought pattern as gotten me. Nothing. Truly nothing has come from these obsessive thoughts, but yet I still do it. I still think these things even when I know deep down it isn’t true. Ya maybe in the right situations the I can do more would actually help me. Maybe I’d have more clients instead of being a struggling hairstylist. Maybe wouldn’t be a single mom in a 2 bd apt I can’t afford. I don’t even know if this is the lack of alcohol thinking. My clearer mind. Or crazy anxiety I’ve been experiencing. I just keep finding this attitude in myself and it’s been destructive before with my drinking but I still can shake it even though I know it’s a bad path.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Some good introspection there Queen. There are what AA calls character defects, and that certainly includes bad or self destructive or such thought processes that I have had to accept about myself and learn to handle differently, as I have gone along in recovery.

Change doesn't happen quickly or easily and I know I have reminders of things I can do a lot better often! Being willing to examine the stuff that gets and keeps us stuck, beyond the drinking, is so important for me.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Great post!

Great post! Really enjoyed reading it, in your thoughts, II could be talking about myself,brilliant,thank you!