Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

6 months alcohol-free. Never saw myself as an alcoholic. Until now?

Notices

Old 10-14-2018, 11:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My drug of choice was always weed, which I'm clean from for 11 months now. I quit alcohol because it made me much vulnerable to a relapse.

Weed was often mixed with many beers, I loved beers.

For many time I consider myself addicted to weed, but never to alcohol. After all, I drank mostly at weekends and I had a fairly good control of my drinking (or maybe I just thought I had?).

Thing is, now that I'm 6 months without drinking, I'm thinking more and more about how much screwed up my alcohol consumption really was. I keep remembering many events when I drank too much and regreted it, felt embarassed, wrecked my car, etc, since I was very young.

Only now I can see how much alcohol was bad for me. How many times I felt sick from it, had really hard times. How many times I felt bad for myself for drinking too much. How many times I drank much more than I intended. I feel so relieved now that I quit. I feel free.

I'm not the kind of person that can't drink one sip without losing it. But I guess maybe that's not enough to make me not an alcoholic.

Anyway, medical science has recently come to the conclusion that any ammount of alcohol is bad for health. There are no safe consumption of alcohol. It's neurotoxic and carcinogenic. Drinking is an insanity. I'm done.

Thanks for reading, proud of all of you for quitting this crap. We all can do it. It's certainly the best choice.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you're looking at it in a good way Paco

Congrats on 6 months AF

D