Notices

One year

Old 09-25-2018, 09:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats, Stayingsassy! Great post, and year two is going to be fantastic! Things really start falling into place!
Old 09-25-2018, 10:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Your version of bed, cave and hibernation is most people's full tilt boogie.

Give yourself some credit!

You go grrrl.

The one year thing was odd. It's like a milestone birthday, after it's done you're like 'that's it?'

It gets easier btw.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well done Sassy and wishing you the very best
Old 09-26-2018, 03:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You are amazing!! Thank you for sharing your story !
Old 09-26-2018, 04:11 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Congratulations
Old 09-26-2018, 05:17 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats! One year is HUGE!!!
Old 09-26-2018, 01:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
quat

584,000,00 miles around the Sun ! stone cold sober and still sassy!! Congrats , keep truckin ( btw, I knew you could )
Old 09-26-2018, 05:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
Your version of bed, cave and hibernation is most people's full tilt boogie.

Give yourself some credit!

You go grrrl.

The one year thing was odd. It's like a milestone birthday, after it's done you're like 'that's it?'

It gets easier btw.
Yes, exactly.

That and I picked up some bad (less deadly, but still) habits that I have to get a handle on. My "goals" for now are fixing those...
Old 09-26-2018, 06:51 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Fantastic. Congratulations!
Old 09-26-2018, 07:07 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Stayingsassy, 1 year is just FANTASTIC, congratulations, rootin for ya.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:59 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good for you.

Congratulations.

Don't worry so much about the bad habits, you have beaten the big one, the rest will follow.

Let us know how you are.

XX
Old 09-30-2018, 02:04 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
Yes, exactly.

That and I picked up some bad (less deadly, but still) habits that I have to get a handle on. My "goals" for now are fixing those...
Sassy,
Have you ever looked at the book ‘The Beck Diet Solution’? It is not a diet book per se, but rather a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy based book that helps you rethink how you approach food and weight loss. Might be helpful for fighting some of those ‘bad habits’. I’m reading through the initial chapters - with recovery now on a somewhat solid footing, it might finally be the right time to slay the next dragon!
Old 09-30-2018, 03:12 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mac4711 View Post
Sassy,
Have you ever looked at the book ‘The Beck Diet Solution’? It is not a diet book per se, but rather a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy based book that helps you rethink how you approach food and weight loss. Might be helpful for fighting some of those ‘bad habits’. I’m reading through the initial chapters - with recovery now on a somewhat solid footing, it might finally be the right time to slay the next dragon!
It's beyond time to slay this dragon! thanks for the tip: I could use all the help I can get. I've been delaying the inevitable for so long now.

I'll check it out!
Old 09-30-2018, 04:11 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

It's beyond time to slay this dragon! thanks for the tip: I could use all the help I can get. I've been delaying the inevitable for so long now.

I'll check it out!
Awesome, I’d love to hear what you think about it! Today is my official Day 1 - for following the Beck diet book, that is.
Old 09-30-2018, 05:11 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Congratulations!
Old 10-02-2018, 01:24 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Congrats on one year Sassy. Miss you on the fitness thread. It's one day at a time whether at year one or year 31. Wishing you all the best.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:52 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Well, how anticlimactic is that! Spending so much time saying I have around a year of sobriety, and here it finally is, day 365.

It won't be a long post as I have said quite enough here, and you have heard my story. So just a couple things:

Year one I did a lot of wallowing. I was committed, but I hid and I cross addicted with food and I buried myself in my bed and my tablet. I'd venture out to tend to family or important events, and I did a lot of exercising, but I went right back to the bathtub, the bed, the tablet, and the food. It was all raw for a long time. I could only cope with my cave.

Things have felt different in the last month or two. After months and months of lethargy, hiding and a pretty depressive affect, I find I have more reserve, mentally and physically. It's not diet. I always like to go there, I know: diet is always the culprit and the answer for me but no, this something else. Whatever it was that had to heal to come out of the cave is healing.

So, year 2 will be about goals. You can't have goals when you are just surviving. Now that I am past that, I am tentatively looking at actual goals. In year 2! Somehow I knew it would take this long.

I am not needing a support group so much at this point to manage my baseline, especially one that is online and eliminates the face to face interaction I need. But I do thank you, each one of you, for getting me through the abyss of early sobriety. It was necessary because mine was deep and dark. Not everyone will have such a tough time, what a highly individual experience sobriety is for everyone!

So take care of yourselves, and thanks again for all the support. I'm off to celebrate day 365 in my own personal way: doing things that support my mental and physical health and happiness, because it's just no longer about wallowing.

Blessings!!
Congratulations! I love the thoughts. I am 23 days shy of two years, and can relate. Somewhere around year one a switch flips and things really start to change. For me, I began actually enjoying things again in sobriety and drinking went from something I was not letting myself do to something I don’t WANT to do again.

Keep going!
Old 10-03-2018, 12:00 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I dont know my date but its been many years now.

The only thing I notice from time to time is some good old fashioned complacancy.

But on some level its good cause every time my lizard brain says (about once a year or so) why not a glass of wine my big girl brain says, you see you are an addict so stay away from that noise.

Very proud of you all.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:41 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Congrats again on one year!