Notices

Does everyone get PAWS?

Old 09-25-2018, 10:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Does everyone get paws? No.

But, I did. I had a harder time at 3-5 months than at 1-3 weeks.

But it got better every day. so your assessment of "terrible paws lasting for months" is not really accurate. The truth is, what you feel with paws can never hold a candle to the hell of addicted drinking.

There is healing, like when you have a wound and it hurts before it closes up. Does that mean you gouge a knife back into it again? No, you feel some pain, then it gets better.

Paws pain is like exercise pain, though. You know you are doing something good for yourself: your body, your mind, your spirit. No regrets, no amnesia, no lack of control. so you go through the pain, it heals you, and the relief you feel when it's over is beautiful.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
Does everyone get paws? No.

But, I did. I had a harder time at 3-5 months than at 1-3 weeks.

But it got better every day. so your assessment of "terrible paws lasting for months" is not really accurate. The truth is, what you feel with paws can never hold a candle to the hell of addicted drinking.

There is healing, like when you have a wound and it hurts before it closes up. Does that mean you gouge a knife back into it again? No, you feel some pain, then it gets better.

Paws pain is like exercise pain, though. You know you are doing something good for yourself: your body, your mind, your spirit. No regrets, no amnesia, no lack of control. so you go through the pain, it heals you, and the relief you feel when it's over is beautiful.
Well said
Old 09-25-2018, 12:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Happy one year Sassy!

And re this topic, learning about PAWS helped me a lot because I was so SO ill when I quit. Taking the risk of whatever would happen to get healthy was better than a certain (and horrific) death by drinking that I was going to get. The syndrome covered about everything I experienced and, yes, some of it into my second year. ALL of it, whatever you want to call it bc sure, some of the things I have gone through are medical diagnoses, was worth it and if troubles pop up like they sometimes do now....it's just fine.

Learning about what I had done to my body in real time, of speak, because of at it took to get healthy, made me grateful.

I have a very hard time sleeping and have a condition that exacerbates that. Because I drank? Maybe, but probably not. Extended super duper PAWS? Probably not. But sometimes I just marvel at the luck I have and hard work I have put into bei ABlE to have any of these kinds of sufferings,bc I am alive.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you, August! Happy to be alive, myself.