Notices

I知 unmanagable

Old 09-16-2018, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

I知 unmanagable

Today I was stressed and had a flip out with my child痴 dad. We never got on was a bad time and he has a lot of issues however today I flipped and wasn稚 nice to him. I lost control anger resentments etc and I feel like I really let myself down. He just looked down at me condisending as always laughed in my face whatever but this is a lot of my trigger. So I just blew up now feel guilty and pathetic I知 7 days in and feel like a basket case now and embarassed do I have any self respect I wonder agggghhh why ? Cravings now as well
Old 09-16-2018, 03:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

In my experience, days 3-10 are some of the suckiest. I know that doesn't make it better regarding the triggers, believe me. And I know we still have to do our best not to drop kick anyone in the face.

I'm just one schmuck out here in the world but for what it's worth you have permission to feel like crap.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I make mistakes all the time. I can always own what I do and apologize for my actions.

I don't have to drink over it tho
Old 09-16-2018, 06:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I understand. I was so angry with my husband earlier this week. My level of anger was really disproportionate to what had happened. Even though I knew that, I was still furious and it took hours for me to finally admit that I was out of line. Don't be hard on yourself, we all make mistakes. You are doing the most important thing for yourself and your child by getting sober and that takes priority right now.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
2/2016

The anger gets better, but man was I a loose cannon. In the early days of sobriety, I learned to count to 10 and stop and understand I was just in a bad place temporarily. I would ask “ is this important, stop, reflect”, if that makes sense.

hang in there.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh by the way I'm right there with you. I had a major trigger today with family (shocker) and I came pretty damn close today were it not for this website...that includes your thread....so thanks for that
Old 09-17-2018, 01:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

eve123, believe it or not, it's just day 7, you're doing fine. At that stage your emotions simply are all over the place. You lost your temper but you didn't drink, and that's the most important thing.