Notices

Working on recovery

Old 09-06-2018, 03:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lpg

Working on recovery

Hey all,

Not been posting much here lately, been busy getting myself thrown into therapy and aa. Trying to help a family member who has decided drinking is no longer for her also, offering advice and support. also have taken to hill walking for a hobbie, which I'm loving. Trying to create a new life for myself filled with things I love doing is making me feel content.

Feeling alot more stable with recovery atm, therapy is helping greatly with understanding things better.
The therapist noticed at first when I spoke about alcohol I still associated it with fun words, such as 'partying' the word i would use to describe when having a drink. She's helping me change my view on how I look at my drinking. It was never partying so it's unusual for me to describe it in that way. Still lots to go through there only just scratched the surface but I'm so grateful for the help I'm receiving.

I still haven't given up weed yet but I have cut right back and the lady Im working with is going to help me manage it. She's told me to try cutting right back first which I'm doing but I think tbh stopping completely would be the way to do it. Baby steps for now.

Next week is 10 months alcohol free and not going back now!