Notices

No longer living a lie

Old 09-06-2018, 03:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Can we please stop with the BS for a second? We're all above average intelligence here and so nobody is fooling anyone.

Even if she isn't gonna say it, F it, I will. I feel like these jabs at sassy stink with an air of condescension whether it's out and out said or not.

The implication is still the same and it's still a s#itty thing to do.....however humble you try to say it.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
Can we please stop with the BS for a second? We're all above average intelligence here and so nobody is fooling anyone.

Even if she isn't gonna say it, F it, I will. I feel like these jabs at sassy stink with an air of condescension whether it's out and out said or not.

The implication is still the same and it's still a s#itty thing to do.....however humble you try to say it.
Ha, thanks bulldog. I'm pretty tired of hanging around bitter alcoholics and there are lots of them here. It's the nature of the illness.

I'm doing ok without sharing here at all, I don't know why I feel the need to share exactly, especially if it ends up reducing me to a "special snowflake," boy that was a fun one...not! I probably share out of boredom sometimes, and that time could really be well spent elsewhere. I *am* having a lot of reckoning going on, cravings and second guessing and the like: but if most of the support here is not just unhelpful but also vaguely abusive (in a sort of passive aggressive way), it's probably better found elsewhere also.

I hope your family is well bulldog and I'll pm you from time to time to let you know I'm still sober.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Don't leave Sassy! I've been posting less lately, which I'm finding is healthier for me too. I understand why you feel the way you do but you haven't done a single thing wrong though, your voice is valuable and has helped a lot of people.. myself included.

What's going on with the reckoning? I know a year is a big milestone and I'm dealing with my own issues of expectations vs reality as I approach it. Please share more if you need to vent.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You know for me, I am coming up on a year and I really want to read others experiences because it is really helpful to me. Lets face it, there are not that many one year folks. It is helpful at every step of the process to know we are not alone and the feelings we have, someone else can understand.

I know there are lots of people with more sober time, for me, when I read around the boards, I look for people who are where I am. That way I can relate. Watching Sassy has been like a roadmap for myself. Sure there is stuff not the same, but there have been great emotional and psychological similarities I have been able to learn from. Infact it was reading Sassy and another members issues with food that made me look and see I was doing a transferring of addiction and got me looking at different diets, from an elimination to address foods I shouldn't eat to now a low carb Paleo lifestyle.

I for one, do not want to lose Sassy. She is a fabulous member, she is far more no nonsense AND she is raw, what she puts out, she feels, she does that in a way I do not, but man do I need to read it!
Old 09-15-2018, 07:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

"Resentments are our number one offender"
Js
Old 09-15-2018, 11:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
Ha, thanks bulldog. I'm pretty tired of hanging around bitter alcoholics and there are lots of them here. It's the nature of the illness.

I'm doing ok without sharing here at all, I don't know why I feel the need to share exactly, especially if it ends up reducing me to a "special snowflake," boy that was a fun one...not! I probably share out of boredom sometimes, and that time could really be well spent elsewhere. I *am* having a lot of reckoning going on, cravings and second guessing and the like: but if most of the support here is not just unhelpful but also vaguely abusive (in a sort of passive aggressive way), it's probably better found elsewhere also.

I hope your family is well bulldog and I'll pm you from time to time to let you know I'm still sober.
Don't leave, Sassy. I don't say much but I follow your story as it reminds me of mine and we have been sober for a similar amount of time. Hope you are doing ok, don't be put off.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Do what you have to do sassy.
Nice to spread your every once in a while.
Don’t look back in anger.
More treasures lie in wait.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I look at sobriety two ways: If I had gotten sober in my mid-20's my life certainly might have been much different.

On the other hand I played the drink out and under no illusion I can drink responsibly.

I have regrets but I am also busy with life today. I really don't spend too much time dwelling on what might have been.

Fcing life on life`s terms is where I grow. Never fun and often uncomfortable but it is what it is.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:03 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Congrats on a year Sassy!!! Sorry I looked at your signature and just wanted to say something cause it's kind of a big deal... Hope all is well and hope you do something fun to celebrate

Old 09-25-2018, 08:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks Cosima! I'm so happy to have a year!

about leaving for awhile; well I am firm in my sobriety and in no danger of drinking, so that's not an issue: also, it feels refreshing to get away from drinkers.

Still something that bothers me, being around people who drink, and it still feels good to get away from it. I was honest with my husband about how his drinking bothers me, and actually that seemed to bring us closer, just saying that to him. So, I will just own and admit that.

We are all different in that regard.