Notices

Was drinking for five days straight.

Old 09-04-2018, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Was drinking for five days straight.

Started Thursday through last night. Less than a bottle of booze each night.

What should I do? I'm not hung over but just really tired and high heart rate and stomach ache. Not nausea, just lower right dull pain.

I have work today but can call in sick or work from home. Just really depressed and feel like a failure.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello starcco,

I'm sorry that you are suffering, not only from the aftermath of a binge, but also with the decision of how to move forward.

If you are able, I would work from home. Give yourself some space today to re-evaluate your situation.

As a chronic binge drinker, and now back in recovery, I can tell you that the binges only get longer and harder to recover from....

Hang in there, be kind to yourself today, and rest
Old 09-04-2018, 07:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
Hello starcco,

I'm sorry that you are suffering, not only from the aftermath of a binge, but also with the decision of how to move forward.

If you are able, I would work from home. Give yourself some space today to re-evaluate your situation.

As a chronic binge drinker, and now back in recovery, I can tell you that the binges only get longer and harder to recover from....

Hang in there, be kind to yourself today, and rest
Thank you for the reply. Is there anything I can do to avoid/overcome the withdrawls?
Old 09-04-2018, 07:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just time. Go to hospital if detox is bad.....they have things that will help. Booze will destroy your health. Be kind to yourself and drink no more after this.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
Just time. Go to hospital if detox is bad.....they have things that will help. Booze will destroy your health. Be kind to yourself and drink no more after this.
Thank you. Is it okay to exercise?
Old 09-04-2018, 08:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I second the advice above. If you can take a day off or work from home, by all means, do it. Turn the day into one in which you commit yourself to your own wellness.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you. Is it okay to exercise?
Do whatever you like, as long as it doesn't hurt. If it makes you feel worse, then back off a bit until you feel better.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I remember those binges that became a bunch of days strung together. Days and nights, because I'd pass out and wake up in the late eve to start drinking again, drink through the night, then pass out again in early am around 5 or 6. It was an eerie, terrifying cycle of drinking and sleeping: nothing else.

Labor day weekend would definitely fit the bill for a bender contender.

Take how you feel today and make this your last alcohol quit.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Take a warm shower, maybe a walk, eat healthy food, nap, and forgive yourself
Old 09-04-2018, 08:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
I remember those binges that became a bunch of days strung together. Days and nights, because I'd pass out and wake up in the late eve to start drinking again, drink through the night, then pass out again in early am around 5 or 6. It was an eerie, terrifying cycle of drinking and sleeping: nothing else.

Labor day weekend would definitely fit the bill for a bender contender.

Take how you feel today and make this your last alcohol quit.
Yeah, it is usually one or two days. This weekend started Thursday and ended last night.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by starcco View Post
Yeah, it is usually one or two days. This weekend started Thursday and ended last night.
I used to work out at the end of a bender but I don't recommend it. It pushes toxins through and helps a hangover a little, but if you aren't hydrated you can get palpitations and muscle cramps, possibly even nausea and vomiting. I was dumb and did it anyway but it only made me more dehydrated and sometimes the color of my urine after a bender plus exercise used to freak me out. also I had muscle cramp injuries more than once. Dont do it.

Hydrate for at least 48hrs first.

Also if you commit to sobriety, you get to actually relax and spend time with people on holiday weekends instead of just spending time with booze then feeling guilty and horrible on tuesday...
Old 09-04-2018, 10:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
I used to work out at the end of a bender but I don't recommend it. It pushes toxins through and helps a hangover a little, but if you aren't hydrated you can get palpitations and muscle cramps, possibly even nausea and vomiting. I was dumb and did it anyway but it only made me more dehydrated and sometimes the color of my urine after a bender plus exercise used to freak me out. also I had muscle cramp injuries more than once. Dont do it.

Hydrate for at least 48hrs first.

Also if you commit to sobriety, you get to actually relax and spend time with people on holiday weekends instead of just spending time with booze then feeling guilty and horrible on tuesday...
Thanks. I actually just got back from a jog. I'm also almost through a gallon of water so far. I got a good sweat out of it.