Notices

Cravings advice plz

Old 09-03-2018, 01:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eve123 View Post
Day 9 again Dee. Cravings worse in the evening and emotions up and down. Been here before as a periodic. Want this to pass so hard. But trying to stick to the plan. Had enough and have a big fear of drinking again cos I can’t do this anymore. Exhausted by it all
Exhausted but triumphant.

Congrats on day nine, warrior. Make it happen.

It takes a long time to pass, so comfort yourself however you can, get lots of rest, and understand that cravings are part of the process. Notice them, dismiss them, smile.

You can do this.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Stayningsassy thabks for your words. Day 10 will make plan for the day stick to it and hopefully gain another 24 away from the poison thabk you
Old 09-03-2018, 11:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do this Eve

D
Old 09-03-2018, 11:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Thabks dee. Yesterday my alcoholism was replaying resentments over and over. The same old one that triggered me a lot but I could see it and recognise the pattern this is how it goes every time I get some time and determination but I spoke to sponsor and came on here and it didn’t get out of hand.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I couldn't replace drinking with nothing and stay sober. I suggest AA or another recovery program...........we all need support to get through this difficult time.
Oh, an a milk shake works wonders for a craving.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yep, your alcoholism will play psychological games with you to get you to drink.

Just always say no, no matter what. Tell it you can deal with whatever it throws at you and still stay sober. Because you can.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Day 12? keep going Eve!
Old 09-05-2018, 07:37 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Pop called it the thirst he was so terrible as a drunk... Eddie Lee says its a smell. he doesn't touch anything but the smell sometimes is over powering.. for him.. me I have a bottle of Captain Morgan up on a high shelf that I can not get to with out a chair or small ladder. I will look at it every so often.. most of the time can pass it up with out a thought.. I do miss a ice cream drink once in awhile or an old fashion when the Holidays are around.. funny I can taste the Ice Cream Brandy right this minute.. but not that I want one. just can taste it a bit.. not sure why this happens. maybe like a type of comfort food. has reminders of good times before every thing goes bad. prayers and love ardy