Notices

Right smack in the middle of AV

Old 08-25-2018, 01:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Soberlicious, I'm so sorry about your sister. No one thinks it will happen to them. I think women's bodies are different and we just can't metabolize alcohol the same way men do, it's harder on us. When I quit I had a big swollen distended stomach, people used to ask me if I was pregnant all the time, but it was from drinking. My body was full of inflammation and I had damaged my bones and joints. I was depressed and morose and hopeless. I was only 38. Alcohol just slowly rots people from the inside out.

I also think it's good that you are sharing her story as a warning to people on here reading of the end. Wish it was about how she turned herself around though...

I've got a sister too, my heart goes out to you because mine would be shattered if I lost her.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Thanks sassy and BillieJean <3

It's so true that it rots us from the inside out. Our bodies weren't meant to be poisoned. It's amazing that anyone who has drank heavily for any amount of time has made it out alive, when you really think about it.

Thank you for sharing and for your kind words. It means a lot to me.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for posting! What you all have shared in this thread was very powerful and eye-opening. I’m crying as I’m reading all your stories and experiences while realizing on a much deeper level now how horrible this disease really is. Thank you for reminding me that my next binge could be my last; thank you for keeping things in perspective for me with your honesty, wisdom and heartfelt support through your writing and actions towards helping others.
God bless you all!
Old 08-28-2018, 07:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The illusion of alcoholism is what kills you. You can't imagine your life without it. And you think only hardcore alcoholics die from it. In the meantime your dying from it. It's insanity in its purest form. Just crazy. Absolutely crazy.