Notices

The making of an alcoholic.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

The making of an alcoholic.

There is a lot to relate to in her story. I had the same issues with heavy drinking that lead to falling off the cliff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPLJuyULAZ8
Old 08-20-2018, 02:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

That was a good watch. I often wonder why I wasn’t a chronic relapser. I feel I only quit seriously once and stayed quit. The alcoholic in me feels these stories of relapse are a license to go and do just that it others me. But I bet I could ask anyone who has relapsed if it was worth it and the answer would always be the same. I gotta be thankful I have not relapsed. It scares me tho the what if. It one day at a time I guess.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What she didn't understand about alcoholism it is a progressive disease.
Denial and rationalization are always a factor.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

I see that when it air. I 20-year (and hopeful not counting) chronic relapser, so, yeah. Never was in denial though. In fact, probable had too much acceptance that I an alcoholic. I resigned to it, so made it easier to replapse.

Hi SRun
Old 08-27-2018, 12:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is a very powerful video interview.

I almost teared up.

It reminded me of myself and the late stages of my drinking.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah I wasnt in denial I was oblivious. Now after i had quit i was in denial for about a year. then i realized golly gee i was an alcoholic !

resigning yourself to it cow isnt all that great either. I did that with smoking. i jsut figured its just who i am. I did it with booze too too some degree. but that line of reasoning didnt get me quit.

BUT for what its worth. I walk on the other end of the spectrum now. mr lean mean fit clean diet clean habits etc.. dont do any of those naughty things andn.... and... well it takes .a lot of work and I wont lie i ask myself every now and then who am i? am i the Obese 2 packs a day smoking 15-20 beers a nigth guy? or am i the lean fit vegan runner? who am I? I wont lie that obese heaving smoker and drinker is still in there somewhere. I know he's in there. But I just try not to let him out. Once in a while he lashes out howevrer and trys to drag me back that way. Its a continual battle.