Notices

5 years 1 month tomorrow

Old 08-19-2018, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

5 years 1 month tomorrow

My monthly reminder to myself to stay the course. Not much news to tell. Things are quiet and that's a good thing. Way too much drama back in my drinking days. I haven't had any anxiety either in years. Funny how alcohol consumed my entire being. I am so glad I don't have to live that life anymore. If you are still struggling, take heed in that if I can do it anyone can. I drank from my teens until my late forties. I screwed up my life and health along the way. Now finally the last five years have been what you would call a normal life. Drinking is not normal and I know I ruffle a few feathers when I say that drinking is about the dumbest and most ridiculous thing you can engage in. What a waste. Money wise, relationship wise, any which way. An illusion that everyone needs to drink and that the teetotaler is the abnormal one. The alcohol industry is only in it to make money, there are no rational need for alcohol. Anyway, if you feel I'm a holy roller when it comes to this, yes maybe I am. It's your choice, I don't look down on you, but I do feel that not enough is said about the fact that it's not normal to have to have drinks everywhere we go, movie places, sports arenas, music venues, guess what! You can enjoy all this without being hammered and for the ones who say, well I can handle a drink or two, why on earth do we have to have it available everywhere? Yes I know, we don't have to imbibe, but when are we going to take a realistic look at this and see it for what it is. A profiteering venue which then end up costing society money, both from lack of productivity, broken relationships and excess health care costs due to alcoholism. I

If this post is not appropriate, delete and I'm fine with that.
Old 08-19-2018, 03:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

GREAT POST, THANK YOU tnman
Old 08-20-2018, 03:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sober style

Couldn't agree more, well put. Nothing normal about drinking the poison that's killing you, that's for sure!