Notices

Psych Forums

Old 08-15-2018, 10:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Psych Forums

During your recovery process many people discover underlying mental illness that led to some of their substance abuse. Like a lot of things in life trying to explain it to someone who has never experienced similar issues can be difficult if not impossible.

Just as this forum can be extraordinarily beneficial to keep up the good fight, Psych forums can help you deal with a lot of underlying issues. I have seen forums that deal with every mental issue you can name. By examining every facet of our disease it is possible to be more free from the disease. If you are struggling with any mental issue it doesn't hurt to add another tool to your arsenal.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Semi-Professional Philosopher

I was diagnosed with bi-polar 2 a few weeks ago. I checked out one psych forum, but it didn't seem like the posting volume was there... many threads had little activity, if any. I didn't bother to register.

I actually started browsing our own Mental Health sub-forum here on SR. That's a start, anyway.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I have definitley leaned things in the Anxiety forum here. I think discussing mental health issues among those who also suffer can be very beneficial, just like discussing recovery can be.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Semi-Professional Philosopher

What I've found to be helpful here on SR is... many of us start down the path of sobriety only to discover we had an under-lying MH issue that needed to be dealt with as well. I am slowly learning that many tools/plans I implement in sobriety, I can implement to control my BP2. I'm still really early in this journey, though!

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I have definitley leaned things in the Anxiety forum here. I think discussing mental health issues among those who also suffer can be very beneficial, just like discussing recovery can be.