Notices

Yellow eyes coming off alcohol...

Old 08-13-2018, 12:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yellow eyes coming off alcohol...

Hey,

I have been drinking for years, I have cirrhosis and have had a number of drink related problems.

I am trying to get off it again but it seems to get more difficult every time.

Ive been in the hospital so many times that I haven't been to my doctor or the hospital for a long time because I'm using up resources and I don't think it is right..

But, I am going in to the doctor in 2 days, it is very obvious my liver is failing.
My eyes are totally yellow.. I wear sunglasses to try hide it but I can't keep doing it. I'm drinking water between each drink ( I drink vodka ) but I don't think it is helping at all.

I hoped it would help me cut down but I end up sick and I have a past of seizures when I tried in the past, including in the hospital with Librium.

I wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions on how to help with my eyes being yellow... it is so obvious I am a heavy drinker but trying to cut down, I cant even look at family in the eye
Old 08-13-2018, 01:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I am sorry to read that you are suffering the effects of alcohol and still drinking.

Originally Posted by JIreland View Post
I wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions on how to help with my eyes being yellow...
I think you know the answer to this, J.

Quit drinking.

How can we help you with that solution?
Old 08-13-2018, 01:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Sorry you are so sick because of alcohol. You know it is time to quit drinking if you want to live. Can you get into the hospital sooner and begin a medical detox? You should check into an inpatient program. The hospital councelor can guide you. Please seek help.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

The only way to help yourself that I know of is to stop drinking. Get to a hospital and get a medical detox. I hope your dr gives you some good advice.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You need to stop drinking immediately and for good. I also think talking about getting into inpatient rehab with your doc also would be a very good idea.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am also sorry that you have all these alcohol related problems but still drink. I hope you can get sober before it's too late.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey there. I'm sorry too. I hope you can get medical help. any other symptoms? Abdominal or leg swelling? Confusion? Dark urine? See if there's some benefit that can be gained from quitting at this point. If anything you'll need to know what steps to take, no matter what the docs say. Take care.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You can stop with medical help. You should use the rescources available. Its not worth giving up your life. You say you can't look your family in the eye, believe me they dont want to lose you over vodka.

Go to the doctor today. Do everything s/he says.

Please.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry to hear that Jireland. Glad to hear you are seeing a doctor, but there is only one obvious solution to your probem - and you already know what it is. You could seek urgent care now and see if you could get into an inpatient detox...That’s likely what you need.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Prayers sent your way. Like others have said, you know the answer to your question. It’s your life-either you can start living it or choose to throw it away. There’s so much to live for my friend.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

how are you doing JIreland?