Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Day 10 (lots of day 10s) Itchy and other weirdness

Notices

Old 08-08-2018, 07:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So, I have been on this site since my early 30's. Since then, I have quit for one year, drank more often and harder then I did in my 20s, went 40+ days sober, started back up, then lately I have been going 2-3 weeks at a time sober, then a binge or 2 rinse repeat.

I am on day 10 and I am going to stick with it this time, complete abstinence.

I am a bit of a hypochondriac. Anyways, I am wondering would I still have withdrawals after cutting down the time between binges and from my last binge day (750ml whiskey + 2 beers)?

I am all sorts of itchy and it goes from itchy to these tiny pin ***** feelings, they don't hurt but they aren't like an itch either. Also, I have been tapering off lexapro for a few months which I thought was causing my urine to smell like bug spray, yet it still does. I have seen the doctor, my liver test came back normal (this was last November) I guess I'm just wondering if I am constantly going through withdrawal after each binge and I am not allowing enough time to get over these weird symptoms?
Old 08-08-2018, 10:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Spy

Congrats on Day 10. I'm not really sure what the question is but I'm pretty sure I know what the answer is....stay stopped. Take a look at your plan for staying stopped and see if you need to make adjustments in order to help support recovery. If you are drinking the volume you indicate every couple of weeks then I would say yes, you probably are constantly detoxing. And that's the hard part! Hang in there and you'll start to see the advantages of not drinking.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If what you're doing doesn't work, it's time to try something else. AA worked for me because of the support of the fellowship. I've never said "I'll never drink again" because how could I know that? I just don't drink today and I've been doing that since 1991. It's an option. Whatever you decide, it's a good idea to come up with a program and support for times you want to drink.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I guess the only way to know for sure is to stop and stay stopped . I know itís hard . Iím only 32 days sober .
Old 08-08-2018, 08:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Its progressive.
Unless you stop.
Stop soon enough, heal completely.
Later, maybe not so much.

Sounds too simple, huh? I used to put up with side effects from alcohol that would have had me throw prescribed medicine down the toilet without a second thought.

Hope it all works out for you. You deserve better.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks all, I am committed this time. The true test will be my all inclusive vacation to Mexico coming up here in a month. I plan to have some virgin drinks and enjoy every minute sober, no hangovers. The awesome thing is my GF doesn't drink so that helps a lot. I know it's up to me and no one else and I'm ready to start a new life with no more regrets and shame involved with alcohol.