Notices

Had a slip up, feeling guilty.

Old 07-28-2018, 04:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SickInLove View Post
Honestly I feel like on this board I think some people comment and support certain treads. I wish that weren’t the case but I don’t feel supported by EVERYONE. I think certain people comment on certain threads. I don’t feel fully supported on this site, I wish I did. I’d probably comment more.
I mostly comment on posts that relate to what I am going through, because I'm early in sobriety and a lot of the time I don't really know what to say to be helpful to people who are dealing with different issues I'm not familiar with and I don't want to say the wrong thing so I refrain from commenting. Maybe that's wrong of me? Plus I use the app a lot and I don't know how to say "thanks" on posts with it.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

hi SIL,

i know i was very sensitive when i was new...still can be, but nothing like back then.
and i also know that i often feel i have nothing useful to contribute to a thread, so i chose not to contribute rather than write something just in order to write....
in any case i am quite certain it is nothing personal here from anyone.....and just as you were unaware of the daily support threads and such, other folks will be unaware of yours.

don't let this sidetrack you from figuring out what needs doing about the drinking thing
Old 07-29-2018, 07:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I found that joining a "class" is critical and that's the best way to get fast responses and also forming very close "virtual" connections with people. The classes on SR are one of the best things going.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

We're very glad you're with us, SIL.

Sorry you're not getting universal support on other threads.

Please try to remember that most of us are drunks (recovering ones) and we sure aren't perfect, but we almost always mean well.

"I need a plan in place for when I go out."

I respectfully think that you need a plan, period.

I certainly do.

And I make it my first priority every day to follow it.

Send me a message if you want to discuss my plan (it's AA, and it's worked for me for almost 30 years).

I admire what you're trying to do.

For me, getting and staying sober is a life and death matter and not just a quality of life issue (you didn't say or imply that, but i want to stress just how critical my sobriety is).