Notices

and again...

Old 07-27-2018, 06:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The first thing that struck me is that....

If all is running smoothly, there is an hour 4:30-5:30p when you can stop for a while and this is when you begin drinking. I’m wondering what else you can do in that hour besides drink? Go for a walk (I find that when I walk, without music and alone, I can think more clearly and I can plan), go to the bookstore, go for a nice drive, buy yourself something, start your Christmas shipping, visit a brother or sister?

I to have a sp[ecial needs kid and a younger one. My husband works late and suffers from depression and inertia to varying extents. That kind of stress can lead you to poor coping if you don’t have time to figure it out.

When you do stop drinking again, you should probably work on the parts of your life that are not working well at all (the work division at home, the marriage, respite care for your special needs kid?).

Not sure NAC has been studied enough to help a lot in alcohol situations, but I don’t think it will hurt so try it if you like within the recommended dose. However, don’t expect it to be a magic bullet.

Bottoms line is that I think you have some opportunitites to take advantage of if you make the time to think about it.

Wish you all the best in your recovery
Old 07-29-2018, 03:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for your kind words and suggestions matrac.

Rather than face the show sober on Friday I decided to face it intoxicated. To be honest I'm glad I did. I'm not going there again though, waste of time and life.

The weekend was good though. Planted some trees and messed around in my garden. Rode my tractor around and had some visitors for a while. When I went to town to buy food I had a desperate urge to buy alcohol, so I used the same money to buy a new tree at the garden center instead. I will probably become fairly popular there in the future, if I keep using the same strategy.

So day 3 now, beats being sober tomorrow at day 1 which was my goal last week.
Old 07-29-2018, 07:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

ah;
i have not met too many here who were glad they drank again...i am at a loss for how to support you, and wonder if you actually really want to be sober for any length of time?
Old 07-29-2018, 07:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Your tone appears condescending fini.

I will continue to be grateful that I am sober 4 days before my planned 0-day. I am glad for the catalysts that lead to that situation, including the last one that was drinking at the show.

Warranted or not you have turned my mood fini. I don't like you much right now mate.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

tone is almost impossible to read on the internet, and in fact i experienced no feelings of condescencion while posting to you.
and i do like to be liked, but it is not why i post.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:51 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm definitely in withdrawal and your comment definitely rubbed me the wrong way. Probably water off a ducks back any other time... but right now I found your doubt of my resolve contemptible, it's got me spinning... It's hard not to take it personally.

I'm going away now. I don't think I should post again for a while.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:36 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

it's not personal, Forester.
don't let it stop you from accessing support...hundreds of others here to chat with and cheer you on.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:06 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
All is Change

Sorry sobriety is dependent on what other people, strangers say or do. It's sad but often true in the sobriety path. Amazing that anyone gets sober at all. Not really. On the way it becomes clearer and clearer that getting a lasting sobriety means becoming sober for no-one else but self. Just a thought. Be well.