Notices

My journey

Old 08-05-2018, 02:38 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Days 13 and 14: sorry I didn’t check in yesterday. It was a long long day. Hot. Was outside for 7-8hrs straight in that head. To be honest the last thing that sounded good was alcohol. I saw a ton of drunk people though. We were at a fair. I just kept imagining how their Sunday’s would be... outside in 90• weather all day. No water. Tons of booze. They would wake up dirty from the dirt sidewalks, still in their dorky renaissance costumes, majorly dehydrated from not drinking anything or eating anything... I just imagine how crappy that would feel. Instead I woke up early, cleaned my house, cooked the kids breakfast. It has been 14 days to the minute I stupidly binge drank last. Oh boy did my husband and I have it out the night. He’s so loving and kind. Understanding. And he was just so mad at me that evening. I knew if he was that mad, he had a reason to be. And he has shown me nothing but unweilding love and support... even when he was mad at me. And yelling. It was because he loves me so damn much. I’m a lucky person. Tonight I feel tired and have a headache. But. I’m not hungover. I raise my la criox to that
Old 08-05-2018, 02:49 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Well that's wonderful to hear, Slip.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:04 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going slipnslide

D
Old 08-07-2018, 09:29 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Days 15 and 16: I can’t believe it’s already Tuesday. No temptations. And obviously, my lack of posting, not thinking about booze like... at all. Family drama today. Funny how booze played a part in all that. I did have a fleeting thought of how I hope to never have to deal with that type of drama for myself ever again! Like... my 10yr old already knows mommy has gotten drunk. And acted stupid. He remembers. But my other two kids are 3 and 1. I pray they always remember mom who doesn’t drink ...
Old 08-14-2018, 06:35 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

23 days...
Old 08-14-2018, 07:40 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Superb!!!

Congrats!!!
Old 08-14-2018, 09:13 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SickInLove View Post
Congrats on your day 3, I had start over as well and so far it hasn’t been too bad because I’m busy with taking care of the kids and getting them ready to start school in a few weeks. I am nervous about once school starts and the boredom kicks in. Well not really boredom because I have a 3 year old to chase after all day but my other 2 will be in school. Part of my plan is to find a hobby that will help me get back in shape. I feel like we are similar in a lot of ways. Also those spiked soda waters were my downfall! No carbs, low calorie.. I would start drinking them at lunch time. Good job resisting even a sip.. keep up the good work
ah, spiked soda waters. When I quit drinking I swear I saw the boxes piled up in refrigerator cases everywhere, as if Target had stocked up for me but their main Truly customer was no longer buying.

Trulys after my morning workout and all day, nothing to eat but raw almonds, then starting on cocktails afternoon until passout. Just your run of the mill tuesday.

The other day I drank a pomegranate sparkling water and it tasted so much like a truly I nearly threw up. I dumped out the rest. anything that has even a hint of smell or taste of my old drinks I cannot tolerate.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:29 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going slipnslide

D
Old 08-15-2018, 09:07 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
great going slipnslide

D
Good job, slip! I'm on day 17 today and the last couple of days I have gone from zero cravings (because I was in such a state of emotional turmoil that alcohol was just out of the question) to a feeling of mild boredom which is leaving me more susceptible to romanticising about alcohol. Also, some serious triggers came in my direction these past couple of days but going to AA and getting the message reinforced should stand me in good stead should I be tempted to yield.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:30 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

27 days since my last big drinking episode. Haven’t had anything since. I have mostly not even been tempted. Only once or twice and once that initial “I should be drinking too” passes I was an just fine. For some reason though today is hard. I wonder if tomorrow will be harder.
Old 08-26-2018, 03:14 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

35 days: the biggest temptation I have had so far happened last night. We had a house guest over. And my neighbor over. He had his scotch and I opened a bottle of red wine for my friend. It smelled so good. And we were just standing around talking. It would have been nice to have some wine. My husband even put his small glass of wine in front of me. I know he was giving me permission to have some if I wanted. I managed to ignore the glass that was right under my nose and stick with grabbing a lacroix. So... that’s good.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:10 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you resisted - tough situation in be in tho, so soon?

D
Old 08-26-2018, 06:51 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

someone put a glass of wine in my hands at a gig my husband's band played in: it was 11/11 and I had quit 9/25. My husband said "just drink it" and I didn't. I sort of pretended to without sipping and then placed it on an amp behind me.

I posted about it here and several people scolded me like crazy.

these sort of situations sometimes happen early on before people hear about, know about, and accept your permanent sobriety. for now they just think you're on a "break.". Thing is that whether your break is 30 days or 30 years, if you've got this thing we've all got here, youll go right back to binging if you start again.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:42 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
someone put a glass of wine in my hands at a gig my husband's band played in: it was 11/11 and I had quit 9/25. My husband said "just drink it" and I didn't. I sort of pretended to without sipping and then placed it on an amp behind me.

I posted about it here and several people scolded me like crazy.

these sort of situations sometimes happen early on before people hear about, know about, and accept your permanent sobriety. for now they just think you're on a "break.". Thing is that whether your break is 30 days or 30 years, if you've got this thing we've all got here, youll go right back to binging if you start again.
Did you make out that giving up was not that big of a deal to your husband? Incredible that he would say that in those circumstances. Is he still like that? Yeah, anyone that pushes back on my giving up is getting avoided for a long time. It could be disastrous if I put those kinds of traps and obstacles in my way.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:09 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good on you for staying strong, slip. Hope you’re feeling great!
Old 08-27-2018, 04:14 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briansy View Post
Did you make out that giving up was not that big of a deal to your husband? Incredible that he would say that in those circumstances. Is he still like that? Yeah, anyone that pushes back on my giving up is getting avoided for a long time. It could be disastrous if I put those kinds of traps and obstacles in my way.
I think mainly he just doesn't want to be in the "alcohol counselor" role. He doesn't push either way. He doesn't take it on himself to make sure I stay sober even though he prefers I stay this way.

I've been married to him a very long time. He used to trigger me but not any more.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:37 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I would agree that my husband doesn’t want to be my counselor. And honestly I don’t think he’s 100% convinced I have a drinking problem. But he was raised by alcoholic parents and in comparison to their drinking, I don’t drink hardly as bad.

Day 41: yesterday was tough. Lots of temptations. Lots of strong emotional stuff going on around me. I managed to say no thank you.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:51 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

good for you, slip. Keep going. Enjoy the small things: they are better appreciated in sobriety.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:23 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're staying to to yourself slipnslide
41 days is huge

D
Old 10-06-2018, 10:29 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Day 77!