Notices

Day One

Old 07-22-2018, 04:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Starcco,

I see you joined SR a while back, I have found reading and posting here each day really helped once I truly committed to recovery.

I joined SR in 2012, and drank my last drink December 31, 2015. I have posted on here each day since. Two great threads are thenminthly classes, and the 24 hour thread.

You can join the July class, and you will find others who have committed to sobriety this month.

I check in on the 24 hour thread each day, I love the supportive community on there, it would be great to have you join us.

Hope to see you on here!
Old 07-22-2018, 05:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm afraid that crappy feeling is part of alcohol withdrawal. You'll have to get thru that before you start feeling better. But whatever you do, don't drink or you'll just have to start all over again.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Hoping you're doing ok today, Starcco & that you could get some sleep. It's a problem in the early days, but it gets better.

Hello, I actually did sleep pretty good. Probably because I was exhausted from the last two days. Today I was super busy doing yard work and a few other things. Just went swimming with my son and winding down now. I'm now looking at tomorrow and wish I could have some drinks to get happier and stop thinking about about Monday, but I know I will regret it and be worse off tomorrow if I do. I was kind of angry all day knowing I couldn't/wouldn't drink, but I was also afraid that I would.

Thank you all for your support. Checking in here helps, and it helps to get my thoughts and my feelings out here. One day I hope to help others.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Starcco, I'm on another day one as well...can't seem to get through the weekends lately. Thanks for posting! Safety in numbers
Old 07-22-2018, 09:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Hi Starcco, I'm on another day one as well...can't seem to get through the weekends lately. Thanks for posting! Safety in numbers
Let's do this together! Hope you had a good day. I'm in bed on my own accord and had a fulfilling day.