Notices

Yay 8 months alcohol free

Old 07-13-2018, 03:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Lpg

Thanks to everyone for the support and well wishes. This place is great so happy to be here Learning from you all.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Lpg sorry I'm late but CONGRATULATIONS on 8 months! That's AWESOME.
8 to 9 months for me was my contentment spot. I felt truly confident at that point. Sure, I had my higher power helping me, but at 8 months, true happiness from alcohol set in.
I'm so glad your beating this disease, your a true winner!!!
Old 07-20-2018, 08:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by waynetheking View Post
Lpg sorry I'm late but CONGRATULATIONS on 8 months! That's AWESOME.
8 to 9 months for me was my contentment spot. I felt truly confident at that point. Sure, I had my higher power helping me, but at 8 months, true happiness from alcohol set in.
I'm so glad your beating this disease, your a true winner!!!
Thank Wayne. I'm feeling mixed this week but that because my recent quit on cannabis also the AV is going abit bananas this week but I know I'm doing it all for the right reasons. I want freedom from addiction and I'm not giving up the fight. Really getting into aa being open and honest, its working! I feel a new buzz when I walk out the door.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Trying to Enjoy Life Now

That's great to hear LPG.

What changes have you noticed in yourself and how you view the world? I'm always curious of others insight on this after a long period of sobriety?
Old 07-20-2018, 10:13 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by otter View Post
That's great to hear LPG.

What changes have you noticed in yourself and how you view the world? I'm always curious of others insight on this after a long period of sobriety?
Hey otter, iv still got a long way to go and true soberity has only really just begun for me.
I'm learning alot about myself. Alot about my personal traits, what kind of person I am without all the BS alcohol and drugs led me to believe. I thought I was this cool, interesting, mysterious person back then haha I was anything but(I say back then this was only 8 months ago) when in actual fact this was all bravado being fed with alcohol. I'm actually a very nervous anxious person which I always knew but alcohol masked alot of it, which of course I loved, I loved checking out from being that nervous person, but that left a mass of destruction in its wake and caused alot of hurt to myself and everyone round me. In the end I was a suicidal drunk who was aggressive and blacked out but that was my normal, I didn't think I had a problem as its what iv always know/done since a teen. Each time I sobered up life seemed bleak I couldn't see a way out.
Now I feel like I have hope, iv gained a strength I never knew I had, iv ditched alot of the self pity I had, I don't play the blame game anymore, iv realised I have to take control of my actions.
I can actually see a future for myself now, before I didn't care whether I woke up or not but now I do. I'm grateful to be alive and I smile these days, I'm 27 years old and I look forward to things like starting a family and building a life
I never wanted kids before as that would have ruined my drinking life, and I didn't want to give that up for kids no chance. My relationship with my partner is stronger than ever and I'm so grateful for that, if I continued what I was doing he would be long gone by now... And rightly so I treated him terribly I was incredibly selfish. I'm learning how to live life rather than stumble through it. Like I said iv a long way to go, but these things are keeping me going. Not sure this answers your question I Never feel very insightful. Just honesty about how it was and how I feel now.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Trying to Enjoy Life Now

Originally Posted by Lpg View Post
Hey otter, iv still got a long way to go and true soberity has only really just begun for me.
I'm learning alot about myself. Alot about my personal traits, what kind of person I am without all the BS alcohol and drugs led me to believe. I thought I was this cool, interesting, mysterious person back then haha I was anything but(I say back then this was only 8 months ago) when in actual fact this was all bravado being fed with alcohol. I'm actually a very nervous anxious person which I always knew but alcohol masked alot of it, which of course I loved, I loved checking out from being that nervous person, but that left a mass of destruction in its wake and caused alot of hurt to myself and everyone round me. In the end I was a suicidal drunk who was aggressive and blacked out but that was my normal, I didn't think I had a problem as its what iv always know/done since a teen. Each time I sobered up life seemed bleak I couldn't see a way out.
Now I feel like I have hope, iv gained a strength I never knew I had, iv ditched alot of the self pity I had, I don't play the blame game anymore, iv realised I have to take control of my actions.
I can actually see a future for myself now, before I didn't care whether I woke up or not but now I do. I'm grateful to be alive and I smile these days, I'm 27 years old and I look forward to things like starting a family and building a life
I never wanted kids before as that would have ruined my drinking life, and I didn't want to give that up for kids no chance. My relationship with my partner is stronger than ever and I'm so grateful for that, if I continued what I was doing he would be long gone by now... And rightly so I treated him terribly I was incredibly selfish. I'm learning how to live life rather than stumble through it. Like I said iv a long way to go, but these things are keeping me going. Not sure this answers your question I Never feel very insightful. Just honesty about how it was and how I feel now.

Inspiring to hear no matter what stage of sobriety. Keep it up!
Old 07-21-2018, 12:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Congrats Lpg! Ideally we'd have it all figured out overnight, but I think it's not always realistic to process everything all at once, and it can take some time to peel back all the layers. Sounds like you're in a good place right now, I'm happy for you. Keep moving forward!
Old 07-21-2018, 01:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Cosima11 View Post
Congrats Lpg! Ideally we'd have it all figured out overnight, but I think it's not always realistic to process everything all at once, and it can take some time to peel back all the layers. Sounds like you're in a good place right now, I'm happy for you. Keep moving forward!
Thanks cosima, yes one day at time I'll get through it all. It's certainly a journey. Iam in a good place, I feel very lucky. Thank you for your kind words ♥ how's things with you?
Old 07-22-2018, 03:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

That's great to hear! I'm doing pretty well, over 9 months no alcohol and almost 2 months no cigarettes. Like you I'm just trying to get my priorities straight and starting to feel much more capable of working towards long term goals that previously seemed unattainable. Although it's definitely a work in progress!
Old 07-22-2018, 05:49 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Cosima11 View Post
That's great to hear! I'm doing pretty well, over 9 months no alcohol and almost 2 months no cigarettes. Like you I'm just trying to get my priorities straight and starting to feel much more capable of working towards long term goals that previously seemed unattainable. Although it's definitely a work in progress!
That's wonderful cosima congrats on 9 months and your 2 month cigarette quit too, I'm desperate to kick my cigarette habit I feel I smoke more now I'm sober. It weighs heavily on my mind I don't even enjoy it anymore as I worry about health so much. That will be the next one to battle.

It's a progress worth working on.
Lpg
Old 07-22-2018, 05:57 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lpg View Post
Hey guys
Almost scared to jinx myself posting this but im So happy today. I'm 8 months sober from booze and I think I now understand what everyone was talking about. I thought I understood before but I didn't.

I feel new and I have this weird feeling like I know I got this. Before I used to say I felt good about my soberity but deep down I was still struggling with accepting it and I could only focus on not drinking.
I feel like I'm seeing the bigger picture now and I love it! I think the word I'm looking for is contentment.

Now when I say I don't want to drink I believe it! I'm also feeling more in touch with my emotions. This really is the best gift it's took 8 months to get here but it's worth all the fighting and tears.

Away to go tend to my garden with a big silly smile on my face. Have a nice day everyone!
Congratulations! I am much newer in my sobriety but also have that "new" feeling and I don't want to EVER go back to the old feeling when I was drinking.