Notices

Back after a few months of drinking

Old 08-14-2018, 08:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by George89 View Post
Maybe only other alcoholics will know what I mean. It's there but its a part of you, you can't work out whether its your mind playing tricks on you or whether its the addiction.

I could never rationalise taking cocaine or other drugs like I can with alcohol. I always knew that was some bad ****. But alcohol, god, we're bombared with all these reasons to drink. All these social signs and cues that it's good for us, that its heathy even. And I think that goes someway to ******* us up. We have this brainwashed vision that its good no matter what, no matter how terrible it makes us feel. I guess again, there goes my addiction speaking..Like I said, its a scary thing
I understand what you're saying. All too well. I was on a revolving door for more than 20 years.

I'm just saying that no matter how much or how well you rationalize or how much you grow comfortable understanding the mechanics of this illness...nothing will replace the realization of how this works better than the action you put into actually doing it. If someone had just told me that 20 years ago-you know...hindsight ...blah blah blah.

I'm just tryin to save you some pain bro.