Notices

6 Months

Old 06-25-2018, 02:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 Months

I have gone over 6 months without a drink. It was so hard in the beginning. I mean it was minute by minute some days. I have moments now but I kept setting goals for myself. Had a big party at the house last weekend. Me and the grandkids were the only ones not drinking alcohol. When I would get tempted I just kept thinking.... I've almost got 6 months and that made the moment go away. Woke up with no hangover the next morning!! I am watching with clear vision a couple of close friends messing up their lives and one of the big problems is the drinking. It makes me sad because I want to tell them that life is so much better without the booze , and I've tried, but they will have to figure it out on their own. I'm thinking about going to church but I worry cause I like to cuss a little , not sure I would fit in and I know my husband wont go with me. I'm so thankful for SR. Here's to another 6 months! My first alcohol free Christmas in a very long time!
Old 06-25-2018, 03:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations! I hope you treat yourself to something really nice! I'm sure the good churches would accept you no matter what came out of your mouth. That is their job anyways. It is enlightening when you can finally see how alcohol affected you and affected others. Hopefully you can be there for them when and if they decide they need or want help. Congrats again, six months is so amazing!
Old 06-25-2018, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on six months sober! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You sound good and sound happy. Congratulations LadyBug66 on your 6 Months!

I agree you should treat yourself to something to hold dear to yourself, something special, as a reminder of your wonderful accomplishment.

And church, if you want it, do it. There are lot's of great people to meet with there. Church is so different nowadays then it was years back, a lot of social activities to be involved in, even if you go by yourself.

Well done, so happy for you!
Old 06-25-2018, 04:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What a great post, thank you for sharing. Congrats on 6 months, what a wonderful thing!! Keep up the good work!! I like going to church on Sundays, makes me feel good!!

Thanks again, your post put a big smile on my face, good stuff! Have a great week!
Old 06-25-2018, 05:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

6 months - how fabulous, Ladybug. I'm so happy you're enjoying your sobriety. Things will keep getting even better.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

Way to go LadyBug! I'm looking forward to my 3 month milestone so I know how excited you were to hit the big 6! My wife and I started back Church yesterday and totally enjoyed it. Don't worry about the cussing because every single person in this world has issues. The good Lord will be proud of you for wanting to come.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Ladybug!

6 months is terrific.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

congrats ladybug!! Six months is great!
Old 06-25-2018, 06:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

congrats!!!
Old 06-25-2018, 07:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yeah Ladybug! That is fantastic.

About church and cussing.
I am a Catholic. It is pretty conservative and full of ritual and speak only when it is time during church. I sing in the choir. When I moved to a new state, I joined a parish with an amazing choir that I wanted to be part of. It was a wealthy congregation and I assumed a little stuffy. The lady in the choir that took me under her wing had a shockingly foul mouth and wicked sense of humor. Everyone loved her and chastised her a bit when she let some stuff out. There is a place for everyone in church. I would just try to keep the cussing to a dull roar as best you can until you make some friends!
Old 06-26-2018, 06:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Just be careful, at 8 months is where I really got complacent, lost my guard and next thing I knew I was 3 weeks into a bender. Got so sick and it happened so fast, didn't really even have time to think about what I was doing.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mtphc View Post
Just be careful, at 8 months is where I really got complacent, lost my guard and next thing I knew I was 3 weeks into a bender. Got so sick and it happened so fast, didn't really even have time to think about what I was doing.
Thank you. I hear what you are saying. I need to keep reading where people who have a lot of time under their belt and fall. I know it can happen and that helps with my daily walk in sobriety.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am at 175 days sober today. Your story inspires me. Every church is different, but in general very welcoming of imperfect people. "Progress, not perfection" as my friends in AA say.