Notices

How many day one

Old 06-24-2018, 03:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How many day one

I binge drinking for three days i dont know why i cant hold a longer days of sobriety i dont have reasons to drink i dont need to drink i dont like to drink and yet i found my self with a beer in my hand...been sober here and there but never stay longer than a month.
another day one for me i keep trying for 6yrs to stay sober on my own but it didnt work so ill try this new way reaching out to people who can guide and help me into sobriety so hard to admit im an alcoholic but i know i am and i need help.
Thank you for having me here
Old 06-24-2018, 04:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We are glad you are here. I know that feeling- like "when is this going to end?" When am I finally going to stop?" And you, being here, is one step closer to ending the madness for good.

Don't lose faith, don't lose hope- come here as often as you need and ask for help just like you are doing. Recovery is not linear- it won't happen overnight- it may not happen like you want or imagine. But if you keep trying with every ounce of your being to stop drinking, you will stop.

Sometimes for me, counting the days makes things more stressful. So I just focus on each day. Today. That's all we have, this moment. Just get through this moment and one day you will look back and the time will have passed.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
We are glad you are here. I know that feeling- like "when is this going to end?" When am I finally going to stop?" And you, being here, is one step closer to ending the madness for good.

Don't lose faith, don't lose hope- come here as often as you need and ask for help just like you are doing. Recovery is not linear- it won't happen overnight- it may not happen like you want or imagine. But if you keep trying with every ounce of your being to stop drinking, you will stop.

Sometimes for me, counting the days makes things more stressful. So I just focus on each day. Today. That's all we have, this moment. Just get through this moment and one day you will look back and the time will have passed.
Thank you finally someone like you who can actually understand me..this is the first time i reach out and totally admit that im an alcoholic very difficult to explain to non drinkers how my brain works..being drunk is not an easy life style to live and yet still keep doing it..i want what u guys have sobriety hopefully i can find it here
Old 06-24-2018, 04:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Welcome to SR! The key for me was surrender. I drank for nearly 30 years, the final 10 years I drank beer every single day. It took a trip to the ER to finally convince me that I could not drink again. Just one more beer could've been my last. When we make that decision to quit for good and begin to work on recovery, that's when miracles begin to happen.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is a One Time Decision.

After I quit drinking, there was no reason to drink again. No excuse or "trigger."

It's the first drink that gets you. Don't take the first drink and there will be no 13th drink, right?

In the beginning I truly focused on one day at a time. I read here every day and posted in my Class of March thread. Here is the one for June 2018 - why not take a look and say, "Hi!"

Link:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html
Old 06-24-2018, 05:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=FormerBeerLover;6935971]Welcome to SR! The key for me was surrender. I drank for nearly 30 years, the final 10 years I drank beer every single day. It took a trip to the ER to finally convince me that I could not drink again. Just one more beer could've been my last. When we make that decision to quit for good and begin to work on recovery, that's when miracles begin to happen.[/QUOTE

Im hoping that miracle happened to me too but i trying to do it by my self didnt work thank you for ur understanding.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=biminiblue;6935976]It is a One Time Decision.

After I quit drinking, there was no reason to drink again. No excuse or "trigger."

It's the first drink that gets you. Don't take the first drink and there will be no 13th drink, right?

In the beginning I truly focused on one day at a time. I read here every day and posted in my Class of March thread. Here is the one for June 2018 - why not take a look and say, "Hi!"

Thank you for the great insight im glad im not alone now first time ever in my life i talk to people like me..for sure ill go to that link right now
Old 06-24-2018, 05:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sober style

Glad to have you here on SR, Jjb! SR helped me quit drinking, it can help you too if you use it. Help you get back on the right track, the one with zero alcohol, and help you transform your life into something you can be proud of.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad to have you here on SR, Jjb! SR helped me quit drinking, it can help you too if you use it. Help you get back on the right track, the one with zero alcohol, and help you transform your life into something you can be proud of

Hi how exactly SR gonna help me can u pls guide me what exactly to do i use to try it my own but never had an experience doing it with other people..pls tell me in most basic way how. i really want to live a sober life.i can be sober in a period of time but staying sober is my greatest challenge.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I found that in order to stay sober, I had to want to be sober more than I wanted to drink. Not easy, but simple. You can do this!
Old 06-24-2018, 01:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

found that in order to stay sober, I had to want to be sober more than I wanted to drink. Not easy, but simple. You can do this! :hug

Thank you for ur support i can be sober but staying sober is different story.. i really need to stay sober.im glad im here
Old 06-27-2018, 10:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jjb2018 View Post
so ill try this new way

If you are doing this to "try" to quit, you are setting yourself up for failure.

Two very wise (and fictional) mentors have some odd - but useful quotes.

"Do. Or do not. There is no try. "

and

"You, Karate yes? OK. You, Karate, no? OK. You, Karate "guess so" - SQUISH! Just like grape!"

Bonus points if you can name either!

Point is - the moment I allow myself to believe that I am merely trying to quit and stop believing that I have quit, I open up that possibility that I might fail.

You've quit. Believe that. Once you do, any thoughts of buying and drinking alcohol become silly.

You can do this.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BobLobLaw View Post
If you are doing this to "try" to quit, you are setting yourself up for failure.

and

"You, Karate yes? OK. You, Karate, no? OK. You, Karate "guess so" - SQUISH! Just like grape!"

Point is - the moment I allow myself to believe that I am merely trying to quit and stop believing that I have quit, I open up that possibility that I might fail.

You've quit. Believe that. Once you do, any thoughts of buying and drinking alcohol become silly.

You can do this.
Anyone who uses the word try I see drinking again. Those who say I'm done, get to be done.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

and

You can do this.
Yoda and Mr. Miagi!
Old 06-27-2018, 07:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Are you sober today jib?
Have you reached out to others in your community like AA?
Do you have a plan to Quit?
Are you serious about quitting? Because if you are, we're here for you.
Hi I'm Wayne.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

how many day one?

a gazillion for me.
just like you, i tried to do it myself. when i finally quit and stayed that wy, it was with support from others. support i received and gave, later, by participating on a forum and going to a weekly meeting of a secular, non-step recovery organization (Lifering.org).
later again, i came to realize that in order to stay comfortably sober i had to make a lot of changes, internal overhaul, and the stepwork in AA was the vehicle, so to speak.

glad you're here and that you know doing it by yourself has not worked. then you are now in a good spot to do it differently.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

and

You can do this.
Hi i really dont know what are you talking about the word "try" ill express the words the way people can understand it.the thoughts there is im gonna "try" SR if it really works for me. English is not my first languange im early to sobriety so mostly i just found more aggressive here.ill take it slowly but surely and thanks anyhow
Old 06-27-2018, 09:37 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by waynetheking View Post
Are you sober today jib?
Have you reached out to others in your community like AA?
Do you have a plan to Quit?
Are you serious about quitting? Because if you are, we're here for you.
Hi I'm Wayne.
Yes I am sir
Im more active in newcomers thread.
Thanks for asking.what kinds of people are here by the way seems mostly are agressive and pushy... is this seniors group? For now ill just stay at newcomers i found more people that i can follow thru at my stage and i enjoy it..i need more understanding on how this things work slowly but surely this time i dont want to pretend that i know what im doing cause im not all i want is to stay sober..
Old 06-27-2018, 09:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fini View Post
how many day one?

a gazillion for me.
just like you, i tried to do it myself. when i finally quit and stayed that wy, it was with support from others. support i received and gave, later, by participating on a forum and going to a weekly meeting of a secular, non-step recovery organization (Lifering.org).
later again, i came to realize that in order to stay comfortably sober i had to make a lot of changes, internal overhaul, and the stepwork in AA was the vehicle, so to speak.

glad you're here and that you know doing it by yourself has not worked. then you are now in a good spot to do it differently.
Hi
This is very true i can be sober if i want but staying is a different story.
I read alot here but its actually different when u are active in this group more support for me personally im glad that im not the only one experiencing alcoholism and struggling..nice feeling and its actually my first time posting here
Old 06-27-2018, 09:58 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
Anyone who uses the word try I see drinking again. Those who say I'm done, get to be done.
Awefull prediction sorry but not helpfull at all..ill "try "SR if it works.if i know what Im doing not gonna be here at all.