Notices

Sober Holiday perks

Old 07-03-2018, 06:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lpg

Sober Holiday perks

Hey everyone

Holiday started off tough it's took a while to settle but instead of focusing on the negative stuff this morning I thought of the positives, I read an article on here about changing negative thoughts to positives.
Positive differences are
, iv saved myself money so I'm going to be able to buy myself nice treats at the airport on my way home perfume/skincare ect, I'm never normally able to buy anything as booze eats up my cash.
Iv woken feeling fresh and full of energy everyday, no groggy drowsy feeling.
Iv managed to get involved in every activity iv wanted to do.
I'm really absorbing my surroundings taking in everything I can.
Iv been learning Spanish, never in a million years would I have made this effort previously..
No anxious feeling returning to any restaurant iv been to for being too drunk to function.
Oh and lastly iv learned that I can cope without weed, I have mentioned previously I still use this and would like to stop so this has proved to me I don't need it. Hoping I can continue this when I'm home.

Lpg
Old 07-03-2018, 07:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

To me the biggest perk of being sober for the holidays is being present and able to participate actively with my family and friends. In the past they were simply an excuse to be drunk all day long, and my entire day was usually focused on making sure there was enough alcohol for me wherever I might be.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
To me the biggest perk of being sober for the holidays is being present and able to participate actively with my family and friends. In the past they were simply an excuse to be drunk all day long, and my entire day was usually focused on making sure there was enough alcohol for me wherever I might be.
Oh yeah that too, it's a great feeling. I'm here with friends who have young children and iv bonded with them so much more. Yes my holidays used to be be booked revolving around alcohol, all inclusive normally so I could drink as much as possible. Its great to be free from that.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I remember the holiday!! I remember all the events, I know for sure everyone is in a good mood. I get home safe and I wake up in an excellent mood.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ps. I love your share thank you for it.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by WillLee13 View Post
I remember the holiday!! I remember all the events, I know for sure everyone is in a good mood. I get home safe and I wake up in an excellent mood.
Yes no second guessing in the morning if you had been horrible or out of order with your family/friends too. Hiding in the room scared to join everyone. For me blackouts where Everytime I drank so it's nice not to have that horrible dreaded feeling especially waking up in a new place where everything is unfamiliar. Your welcome it's nice to share the positives.
Lpg