Notices

Fell off; 5 hours back on the wagon...

Old 06-03-2018, 12:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fell off; 5 hours back on the wagon...

.... Hey everyone! Staying sober has always been a challenge for me, and I haven't utilized this wonderful site in YEARS. Hopefully participating in this community again will help as well as it has in the past

I drank enough on Tuesday that I felt withdrawal symptoms since, but I didn't have thw window of time necessary to detox enough to get past the symptoms that would impact my work, I keep having a drink as soon as the symptoms started creeping back up.

Luckily, starting tonight is my weekend and I have no obligations, so I can finally get back to homeostasis. 5 hours sober so far

Both the physical and mental manifestations of Anxiety have been the worse symptoms these last few days, and will continue to be I'm sure. Any advice? (Difficulty = have had Anxiety as a mental health diagnosos in the past; things like Ativan, Benadryl, or even mild THC actually worsen the symproms, as do sleep-assistance meds whether OTC or prescribed and melatonin - making "sleeping through as much of it as possible" not an option.)

Love you guys! I'll be here exploring the mobile site (when I was here years ago, I was instead on a win 7 pc lol)!
Old 06-03-2018, 02:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back waterfountain

D
Old 06-03-2018, 02:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Welcome back, waterfountain!
Hope you are feeling better!
Have you read any of your old posts. Maybe you can see how far you have come from the first time you joined.*
Old 06-03-2018, 03:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sober style

Good to have you back, waterfountain. That good life free from alcohol is available to us all!

One thing that's helped me in my battles with anxiety is meditating an hour or two a day, really quiets my crazy mind down a little where I can work with it instead of working against it.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back!!!
Old 06-03-2018, 05:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

hows it going waterfountain?

D
Old 06-03-2018, 08:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks folks! Whoo hoo - into hour 25!

And holy cow, Dee?! Wow! It's great to see you again after all these years

So I've had a couple big bouts of anxiety and depression that I was able to get past. I am thankful to science and spirit that I'm not going through as rough physical symptoms as previous detoxes.

This site is going to be invaluable when anxiety and depression hit - personally, comradory (sp?) is what helps the most in those instances.

Time to explore more threads
Old 06-03-2018, 08:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Make sure you hydrate and drink plenty of water. Exercise also helps reduce the symptoms of anxiety. Meditation is also good for calming the mind. Stay strong!
Old 06-04-2018, 03:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad you found your way back here, wf! Your join date is closer to mine than most folks currently posting, so I know the feeling of returning after a long absence. I can firmly say that any time spent away from SR was never pleasant, and usually nightmarish...

Keep an eye out for physical withdrawal symptoms, you know the drill by now. Every detox got a little more intense for me, the last one (March 2017) being monitored in a medical facility.

"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in."

Robert Frost. That's how I feel about this forum! Welcome home...
Old 06-04-2018, 08:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arpeggioh View Post
Glad you found your way back here, wf! Your join date is closer to mine than most folks currently posting, so I know the feeling of returning after a long absence. I can firmly say that any time spent away from SR was never pleasant, and usually nightmarish...
No kidding!
Nice to meet you I hope that having old join dates + the fact we haven't ever given up on sobriety (and know to come here for support) can be inspirational to newer members that have slipped or relapsed and worry that doing so is dire failure. (It isn't - fell off? Well ya just gotta get back up and eat that horse!*)

(*quote from Dragonball Z Abridged -the character is an idiot and has messed up the common idiom)