Notices

Still sober

Old 06-02-2018, 09:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still sober

...and I'm really happy to say that.

Feeling like myself again. Regaining strength and my appetite is back, I'm really working on this. I hope that was my last relapse, because that was the worst, and trying to to as many AA meetings as possible.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job M!! so glad to hear it. Keep that memory alive of the last relapse. Haven't forgotten mine for 8 months.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I’m in the same boat. Nice to get decent sleep and not feel like crap. Starting to repair a few relationships that drinking certainly did not help. Tried AA but it really did not work for me....But that’s just me.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear things are going well Mtphc

D
Old 06-03-2018, 07:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
Good job M!! so glad to hear it. Keep that memory alive of the last relapse. Haven't forgotten mine for 8 months.
Thanks stayingsassy, just trying to drink lots of water and healthy food, I've noticed that's really kept my spirits up. If I start skipping meals and not drinking adequate amounts of fluids I start feeling a little depressed. So I think thats a big part of it: lots fluids and a good diet : )
Old 06-03-2018, 09:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mtphc View Post
Thanks stayingsassy, just trying to drink lots of water and healthy food, I've noticed that's really kept my spirits up. If I start skipping meals and not drinking adequate amounts of fluids I start feeling a little depressed. So I think thats a big part of it: lots fluids and a good diet : )
Not eating properly is pretty big. for women it's complicated because we tend to restrict and that makes cravings even worse.

I wonder how many relapses here started off by just not eating something in the evening when it was time for dinner and hitting the cocktails instead.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
Not eating properly is pretty big. for women it's complicated because we tend to restrict and that makes cravings even worse.

I wonder how many relapses here started off by just not eating something in the evening when it was time for dinner and hitting the cocktails instead.
I do know that everytime I would drink I had an empty stomach. Hardly ever drank any alcohol after a meal, I guess if you're watching your weight then just have small portions if possible.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Crosman View Post
I’m in the same boat. Nice to get decent sleep and not feel like crap. Starting to repair a few relationships that drinking certainly did not help. Tried AA but it really did not work for me....But that’s just me.
Hope anyone here never relapses again, but if you do and you end up really drunk stay away from your phone.

I for one started to make phone calls/texting and once I sobered up I was like "oh my God what the heck was I saying" I hate when do stuff like that while drunk. Then I had to go back and apologise for the weird conversations
Old 06-05-2018, 08:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mtphc View Post
Hope anyone here never relapses again, but if you do and you end up really drunk stay away from your phone.

I for one started to make phone calls/texting and once I sobered up I was like "oh my God what the heck was I saying" I hate when do stuff like that while drunk. Then I had to go back and apologise for the weird conversations
That was a big part of my alcoholic bottom. I knew if I didn't drink I'd never embarrass myself without my faculties intact ever again. Powerful motivator.