Notices

A laugh a minute

Old 05-31-2018, 10:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A laugh a minute

I have been saving the money I used to spend on alcohol for the last 13 months towards a romantic trip to Paris for my 20th wedding anniversary. We had our wedding there and we live in France but in the country. Counting down the days, planning trips buying tickets, cooking lovely things to eat for picnics etc. You can feel the cosmic sledgehammer about to fall can't you? It did. First, my OH got an awful coughing virus 2 weeks ago. Still going strong -my eardrums are shattered. Ha I thought -the new, healthy me will escape. And I have - till two days before. Never mind, loads of analgesic, sleep and I have booked a lovely apartment so I can rest up between sightseeing! You guessed it. Apartment was a **** tip. Dirty, dark, poorly fitted -absolutely nothing like the advert. We had to sleep there one night but this morning, the owner got it both barrels. Of course, she could no longer speak English. Husband was moan moan moan. Cant stay here. Apparently, the major issue for him was that you couldn't use the toilet and shut the door at the same time. Come to think of it. Anyway. Back from sightseeing. Hot, sweaty, walking boots and still coughing and sneezing. Not a good look. The owner turned up. Beautiful, petite,scented 30 year old. Husband drooling. Nice as pie. Aaargh!
If there is a moral to this story I don't know what it is. Perhaps my AV raised its head once but if it thought it was getting in on the act it was WRONG. Have a grapefruit juice, the sun is shining, found a new apartment. Still have the same husband but I hope he is ready for shopping tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry to hear things didn't turn out exactly as you expected, but hope you can enjoy the rest of your trip. And congratulations on 13 months sober, that is fantastic. And happy 20th wedding anniversary!
Old 05-31-2018, 11:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sometimes it does seem that the higher your expectations and hopes for a vacation, the more that can and will go wrong. I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday. Congratulations on your 20th Anniversary and 13 months of recovery.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh man! Well I'm glad you didn't kick him to the curb! Maybe let him 'heal' in the new apt while you go out shopping. Bring him back something from the patisserie. Viva France!
Old 05-31-2018, 09:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Still better than the anniversaries of recent years. I would insist on people round for dinner. It always ended the same way. Asleep at the table with desert still in the fridge. What a joke.