Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

PART 2: Planning and Plotting, Lying and Dying...

Notices

PART 2: Planning and Plotting, Lying and Dying...

Old 05-21-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrandNewDay11 View Post
Weekend was awesome! Ty for asking. It was very busy, we were out most of the day both Saturday and Sunday for events with the kids. I have never felt more grateful to be sober in my life than I have these past 2 weeks. What's different this time is I feel prepared for the inevitable moments of temptation that will come. Committing to doing the daily journaling and work on this forum has made all the difference for me. I know it was a little rough for you at times this weekend LG, but I truly think with time the acceptance will come and you can be around drinkers again without feeling like the odd man out or uncomfortable in the least.
Awesome to hear.

Thanks and in reality I had a terrific weekend. My wife, son, friends - took advantage of the city, ate some great food, hit up a Russian bath. My post was more about how you can be sure in this sobriety (finally for both of us) and yet have these contradictory feelings, at least I do.

So glad to you hear you are doing well. Sounds like we have very similar experiences and current perspectives so I hope to keep seeing you around SR.

Happy sober Monday.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:50 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Weekend was awesome! Ty for asking. It was very busy, we were out most of the day both Saturday and Sunday for events with the kids. I have never felt more grateful to be sober in my life than I have these past 2 weeks. What's different this time is I feel prepared for the inevitable moments of temptation that will come. Committing to doing the daily journaling and work on this forum has made all the difference for me. I know it was a little rough for you at times this weekend LG, but I truly think with time the acceptance will come and you can be around drinkers again without feeling like the odd man out or uncomfortable in the least.
Yay, bnd! Glad you had a great weekend.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:51 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
Yay, bnd! Glad you had a great weekend.
TY so much StayingSassy!
Old 05-24-2018, 05:40 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thank you so much AWOL, that means a lot to me. I am a writer but have never done the autobiography...yet. I really like your idea!
BND - thank you so much for your honesty and reflection. What an excellent read. The whole time I was reading it I kept wondering if you were a writer and if not...why not. I loved how you referred to your alcoholism as the "beast" and if you were "feeding him." Such a good analogy. I was a bit confused by your fist (OP) and send post too - I thought maybe you had started again on that Thursday. I had to reread it and understand it. Doesn't it feel good to wake up not feeling all lethargic and tired.? I hope some day you will write more of your experience in a blog I imagine you would have quite a following. and help so so many. Thank you again for being so real.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:51 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bethany57 View Post
BND - thank you so much for your honesty and reflection. What an excellent read. The whole time I was reading it I kept wondering if you were a writer and if not...why not. I loved how you referred to your alcoholism as the "beast" and if you were "feeding him." Such a good analogy. I was a bit confused by your fist (OP) and send post too - I thought maybe you had started again on that Thursday. I had to reread it and understand it. Doesn't it feel good to wake up not feeling all lethargic and tired.? I hope some day you will write more of your experience in a blog I imagine you would have quite a following. and help so so many. Thank you again for being so real.
Thank you for this Bethany! If there were a way for me to edit the post I would re-word the beginning to eliminate the confusion over the 2 parts yet same week thingy but SR doesn't allow for editing after 10 minutes. I appreciate your compliments on my writing--I've done freelance for years and for awhile was writing for a SEO (search engine optimization) company but that burns you out fast. My dream is to be a biographer and/or true crime writer. Without alcohol in my life I can actually visualize me meeting that goal someday.

I can't take credit for the "beast" analogy--I learned that from the Jack Trimpey book called "Rational Recovery". I've read several "get sober" books and took pieces from each that worked for me. That, combined with the wisdom of this forum, is my magic combo for sobriety!