Notices

Just checking in.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just checking in.

2 weeks sober yesterday!!! Don't even want anything to dull life. I want to deal with it all and handle my emotions in a mature way. None of that.

I've moved in with a friend I can trust. I have the time I need to heal paid for. I have Fortnite to take my mind off of withdrawal symptoms. I've completely changed my diet to grains, protein, fruit, vegetables, - all natural all gluten free stuff. I bought all of it. I did the thing. I pre-prepared it all. I'm not allowed "bad food," except for the occasional popsicle in the evening. Black coffee after the morning creativity burst wanes and I'm done writing and drawing. I have St. John's Wort to help regulate and elevate my mood and it's really helping with that mental tick that makes a person want to drink. I shaved off all my hair. It fits my face finally. I'm feeling happy. I'm feeling pretty good about the future. I hope everyone else out there is doing well and staying strong and positive. It's only a vice. Wading through the bogs of unkempt, bottled emotions has and continues to be a crazy roller coaster, but I'm finally starting to enjoy it instead of trying to jump off.

Thanks for the support, everyone!!
Old 05-13-2018, 02:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Arthox,

Well done on two weeks. I’m glad your doing so well and you seem really positive.
Don’t know if you have stopped before, just be careful as I have found in the past that you start to feel really good and that’s when you can relapse.
I had 5 months last year, felt great and thought I can control it (I can’t). Celebrating 2 weeks yesterday myself.
Keep posting and good luck.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Arthox

D
Old 05-13-2018, 08:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quit290117 View Post
Hi Arthox,

Well done on two weeks. I’m glad your doing so well and you seem really positive.
Don’t know if you have stopped before, just be careful as I have found in the past that you start to feel really good and that’s when you can relapse.
I had 5 months last year, felt great and thought I can control it (I can’t). Celebrating 2 weeks yesterday myself.
Keep posting and good luck.
Congrats on 2 weeks! We can hold each other accountable! Ha. :p I've stopped many times before. Too many. I usually succumb to the end of the honeymoon phase at around day 20. This time I actually networked a safety web for myself and I'm fairly sure a drink would be signing my death certificate and I can't have 1 of something. I'm chill. I don't know what happened. I guess I'm slightly turning into a when it comes to self-discipline. I guess that's good?

Old 05-13-2018, 09:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 weeks! I have found support groups also very helpful. AA has helped me but it doesn't have to be AA for some people and they still find it helpful.