Notices

After hitting 1 year I drank

Old 05-13-2018, 03:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome back. Try again.
You have done it before, you can do it again.
Good thoughts.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Rar

Welcome back, Puppy. Glad you're here. You have some awesome sober time behind you and the rest of your sober life in front of you. You can do it.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I do know that for me right now it has been a real challenge, can't wait to have more sober time
Old 05-13-2018, 06:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for sharing. Perhaps you don't know how much your strength and experience helps others. Fight on!
Old 05-13-2018, 07:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

Omg, thank you all for the support. What good friends you are! I feel so much love from you all!

As for the big plan— I haven’t gotten to that. Right now, I’m working on getting a few good days in. As for a funk and depression and how to cope with all that, i know I need to do it. I guess I was lucky my pink cloud lasted a year. And this isn’t my first time doing this. The last time, before I found out I couldn’t moderate, i relapsed for about 4 years. Not doing that again. I don’t think my marriage could survive it.

I coasted thru last year, now I have seen both sides and have to figure out how to deal with the urges and put that beast back in its hole.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Great you are back.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Shitzupuppy View Post
As for the big plan— I haven’t gotten to that.

... now I ... have to figure out how to deal with the urges and put that beast back in its hole.
You answered your own question. If you decide to use RR’s Addictive Voice Recognition Technique you can live out the rest of your life and NEVER experience that “deep pleasure” of being drunk EVER again. You know that is what is morally correct for you.

With the Big Plan, you can forget WHY you quit for good, but you can never forget that you DID quit for good. Using the “NEVER again”, with AVRT to build your life as an abstainer makes it impossible to NOT remember that you decided “I will never drink again.” That’s how the “urge” to drink is dealt with whenever it may pop up over the decades of the rest of your life.

That “urge” is not you, it is your AV still trying to get you to believe you lied to yourself about making the Big Plan.

I have tried, but cannot lie to myself. I’ve asked others to try as well, but every time they have failed, too. We always know what we just tried to do and it doesn’t work. So, when someone makes The Big Plan, he/she KNOWS absolutely, whether they really mean it or not.

I know I will die without EVER again experiencing that DEEP PLEASURE from drinking alcohol. That’s what using AVRT after making the Big Plan means. And that death is certain to be delayed because I never drink.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

Good morning, I’m back after binging for about 6 weeks. Today is day 2 and my head is in the right place. ��
Old 06-11-2018, 03:26 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back.
As hard as it is to quit once, it seems even harder to quit again after that.

D
Old 06-11-2018, 05:52 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Nice to see you Shitzu🙂 you’re doing such an awesome thing getting sober again. We can do this!
Old 06-11-2018, 07:26 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Shitzupuppy View Post
Good morning, I’m back after binging for about 6 weeks. Today is day 2 and my head is in the right place. ��
Glad you are back Shitzu. When you say your head is in the right place, what exactly do you mean?
Old 06-11-2018, 08:04 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Glad to see you Puppy! You were missed on the Soberbus....I've struggled recently too, so you aren't alone!
Old 06-11-2018, 10:42 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
You answered your own question. If you decide to use RR’s Addictive Voice Recognition Technique you can live out the rest of your life and NEVER experience that “deep pleasure” of being drunk EVER again. You know that is what is morally correct for you.

With the Big Plan, you can forget WHY you quit for good, but you can never forget that you DID quit for good. Using the “NEVER again”, with AVRT to build your life as an abstainer makes it impossible to NOT remember that you decided “I will never drink again.” That’s how the “urge” to drink is dealt with whenever it may pop up over the decades of the rest of your life.

That “urge” is not you, it is your AV still trying to get you to believe you lied to yourself about making the Big Plan.

I have tried, but cannot lie to myself. I’ve asked others to try as well, but every time they have failed, too. We always know what we just tried to do and it doesn’t work. So, when someone makes The Big Plan, he/she KNOWS absolutely, whether they really mean it or not.

I know I will die without EVER again experiencing that DEEP PLEASURE from drinking alcohol. That’s what using AVRT after making the Big Plan means. And that death is certain to be delayed because I never drink.
That's what I did. I decided on 9/25 that I would never drink again, no matter what.

Knowing there was no wrench in the plans, no excuses made for misery, grief, feelings of failure, weight gain, celebratory occasions, etc made things very simple. Very difficult but VERY simple.

The strategy of giving yourself temporary sobriety hoping it turns permanent does not work for me because my beast happily waits months. It's waited up to four months in the past. Twiddling its thumbs. Waiting to pounce.

This way even though I don't quite have a year I am relaxed about knowing I will always remain sober because the answer is never "not yet" it is always and has been from day one, "never again."
Old 06-11-2018, 10:48 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Welcome back, puppy. You have been missed.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:07 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Glad you are back Shitzu. When you say your head is in the right place, what exactly do you mean?
I mean I am mentally ready to now say I will not drink.

I had that for a long time until April 27, but every day, the past few weeks, I woke up and knew I would drink. There was no debating it.

Now there is no debating it the other way. I am content and at peace with my decision not to drink.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:02 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Glad you're back Shitz!
Old 06-11-2018, 08:44 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Glad you're back Shitz!
Old 06-12-2018, 05:06 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Getting back on wagon is the hardest thing-well done Ms Shitzu-proud of you!
Old 06-12-2018, 05:27 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

As hard as it is to quit once, it seems even harder to quit again after that.

What Dee said is absolutely true!

I drank after 5 1/2 years of sobriety. Then it took me a year of on again, off again drinking to finally get sober again. It was very tough time and I came pretty close to losing a lot of things I value in life.

I would suggest an AA meeting, trying to do this by yourself is incredibly difficult.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:02 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I drank at 11 months

...and I didn't let it turn into a full blown relapse which I normally do) - so glad we are both back! I'm not allowing myself to beat myself up because that leads to toxic shame and more drinking. Folks on here have really helped me to see that I haven't lost the 11 months of progress.

The 2 nights I drank this week really sucked actually. I want sobriety more than I want to drink.

I'm glad you posted - it helps me not feel so alone!