Notices

Life is becoming more valuable everyday

Old 04-23-2018, 02:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lpg

Life is becoming more valuable everyday

I think I have finally reached a place where I value my life more than the feeling of being intoxicated by alcohol and drugs. Everyday away from alcoholism is another day to appreciate everything I have worked hard for, I was so close to throwing it all away and I can't believe how little I cared about anything.
I just finished therapy which has been great for getting my head around alcoholism, anyone finding it hard please consider finding yourself a good therapist if possible, in my case alot of my drinking and drugging has been wrapped up in alot of other childhood problems that I knew no other way of coping with until I found alcohol at 13, and yes for a short time it helped me cope but in the long run it only made all my problems so much more unmanageable and distressing.
Life is all about problem solving but I know I can figure these out much more sensibly sober, I can see the problems for what they truly are rather than the exaggerated version I liked to believe when I was deep into my addictions.
Really throwing myself into my hobbie of gardening lately its so therapeutic being outdoors and watching things grow that you started from seeds, I reckon my friends and family will be bored of hearing my running commentary about how my garden is going but I plan to give out some plants to everyone since they gotta listen to me yap on about it.

Anyone finding it tough I hope you find your peace keep working hard it does all seem to come together eventually, I know it's not easy and I'm not saying it is (iv shed alot of tears in 5 months) it's a working progress but you gotta work it to see the progress.

I've spent alot of time (Infact too much) pondering the am I an alcoholic question, the bottom line is I can't drink no matter the circumstances. No alcohol, not ever!

Hope everyone is doing okay. Seriously though... Therapy has been great if its something your thinking about trying, do!
Old 04-23-2018, 03:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Thanks for the wonderful post and your insight!
Old 04-23-2018, 03:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So great to hear how well you’re doing Lpg! Thanks for sharing with us.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I loved your post. Its all about the emotional acceptance that it doesnt matter where when or how it happened, but it did and there is no turning back.

We do not drink and we will never quit the decision.

So happy for you!
Old 04-24-2018, 06:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad to hear things are going well and some great thoughts there LPG, thanks for sharing!
Old 04-24-2018, 07:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Love this!
Old 04-24-2018, 07:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you found that the therapy helped and that you're doing well.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

lpg

D
Old 04-24-2018, 11:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Lpg

Thanks everyone for reading ♥

Dropsie thanks for this
We do not drink and we will never quit the decision.
It's the hardest but greatest decision iv made my whole adult life!

Thanks lpg
Old 04-25-2018, 07:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

We've seen you come a long way in 5 months lpg. Your doing great. For me that 6 month's of sobriety made me realise life was precious and that I had been wasting it away in a bottle. It takes time to clean our minds. Your doing fine young lady.
It just keeps getting better and your in for that. I'm so happy for you. Just keep going and never give in. Never.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by waynetheking View Post
We've seen you come a long way in 5 months lpg. Your doing great. For me that 6 month's of sobriety made me realise life was precious and that I had been wasting it away in a bottle. It takes time to clean our minds. Your doing fine young lady.
It just keeps getting better and your in for that. I'm so happy for you. Just keep going and never give in. Never.
Thank you wayne. Yes it certainly takes time it doesn't happen right away but it sure feels good when it does all calm down. So glad I stuck around here and listened to everyone, the advice I find here is priceless. I'm 100% in for it, in the last two weeks iv went from 'maybe one day' to 'never again will I touch alcohol' I'm never giving up, I'm living my best life now. Infact I haven't even really had any cravings in the last few weeks, and when I do get them I don't need to listen to them. Thanks everyone for the support and kind words.
Lpg