Notices

Shakes worse?

Old 04-23-2018, 01:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Shakes worse?

Following on from my last post about shakes, has anyone had shakes gradually improve, and then GET WORSE after about 2 weeks sober? As of yesterday, my shakes got really bad again, like they were in the first week of detox. And my detox mostly resolved in a week. But shakes seem to have come back really badly 2 weeks sober where they were better in the last week. Not sure what's going on, but would be interested to see if anyone else has experienced this and knows the cause. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you are through detox. This might seem obvious, but have you upped your caffeine at all? That can definitely do it.

For me, if I don't eat frequently, enough, or the right balance of foods, I get shaky. Freaks me out, because it reminds me of withdrawal shakes. But I know in my case, it is often diet and too much caffeine.

Something to consider? Also, my good friend gets the shakes when she is dehydrated. That doesn't happen to me, but we are all different.

Hope it subsides, and congrats on sobriety.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Sorry to hear that you're still having the shakes. If you are that concerned, I'd suggest asking your doctor about it.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks. Caffeine consumption same as before withdrawals, and caffeine never gave me shakes before. I've never had hand shakes ever before going through withdrawals (these were my first ones). Food doesn't seem to affect it either because it doesn't improve after eating. Only thing that just occurred to me is I've forgotten to take my vitamins etc last few days, which I had been taking up until then to assist with withdrawals.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Sorry to hear that you're still having the shakes. If you are that concerned, I'd suggest asking your doctor about it.
Cheers. Would prefer to avoid doctors if possible as I don't want this kind of thing on my medical record.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newlyaddicted View Post
Cheers. Would prefer to avoid doctors if possible as I don't want this kind of thing on my medical record.
Don't know where you are, but HIPPA laws protect you, and getting shakes checked out doesn't necessarily indicate substance abuse/withdrawal. Also, anxiety can definitely cause shaking, and I had that in abundance the first three weeks.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Change4good View Post
Don't know where you are, but HIPPA laws protect you, and getting shakes checked out doesn't necessarily indicate substance abuse/withdrawal. Also, anxiety can definitely cause shaking, and I had that in abundance the first three weeks.
Thanks. In Australia, laws a bit different I guess. Yeah, I've had anxiety on and off most of my life and never had shakes from it either. Don't know what's going on. It's so bad last two days, I can barely use my hands at all. This sucks
Old 04-23-2018, 04:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

see a doc.
Prayers to you
Old 04-23-2018, 04:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

https://www.webmd.com/brain/shaky-hands#1
Old 04-23-2018, 05:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Newlyaddicted- Definitely make sure your staying fully hydrated. Also, you might want to try eating 4 or 5 smaller meals per day to maintain a steady bloodsugar level.

Congrats on two weeks!
Old 04-23-2018, 06:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Newly.. What helped me is ice cream. My body was craving sugar, which is why the shakes and it helped me. Hang in there as it will get better and think about seeing a doc. when you can...
Peace.....
TC..
Old 04-23-2018, 05:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone.