Notices

Shakes

Old 04-19-2018, 04:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
This thread about shakes jogged my memory of an experience with my doctor. At my checkups he would always ask the routine questions of how much I was drinking, am I still smoke free, etc.. I usually lied about my alcohol consumption and said about 5-7 light beers. He told me that was too much. He must have suspected I was lying because a while later he said, "Hold out your hands.". Because I have COPD, I thought he was checking the color of my nails for oxygen deprivation. Guess not. Hmmmmm.......

Congratulations on your sobriety time. Hang in there. Rooting for you.
Thanks Rar! Yes, sounds like that doctor had an inkling something was wrong there. It's hard to be honest with doctors about this stuff because you don't want it on your medical record etc. Which sucks because it can be so dangerous coming off of it, you need that medical support.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

"withdrawals were absolutely awful for me and probably enough to scare me off drinking for life."

Hope "probably" transforms into DEFINITELY!

;-)
Old 04-20-2018, 08:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by columbus View Post
"withdrawals were absolutely awful for me and probably enough to scare me off drinking for life."

Hope "probably" transforms into DEFINITELY!

;-)
Me too haha.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:25 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Changing

The memories of withdrawing are something i have to think about when the cravings to drink happen. i've had cravings for a week now and keep reminding myself...thank you for your posts.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiffanyeagle View Post
The memories of withdrawing are something i have to think about when the cravings to drink happen. i've had cravings for a week now and keep reminding myself...thank you for your posts.
No worries. Definitely a good reason not to drink isn't it. I can understand how hard it is to give up for people who don't get them. Also the fear of DTs, seizures, death since they get worse every time because of kindling. It's scary stuff!