Notices

Trying sobriety again- I now have a black eye.

Old 04-09-2018, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying sobriety again- I now have a black eye.

I had found SR when I fell one evening and fractured my nose. Long story short, I was sober for over a month and then fell back into it. This past Friday night I tripped and gave myself a black eye on the concrete. All weekend I've been trying to fix this, but it still didn't look right and I just wasn't comfortable going in to work. I have to go in tomorrow (I was sick last Thu and Fri) and just say I fell and then leave it at that. But this has only made me realize how much I do not want to drink again! I went to an AA meeting and I really enjoyed it (I just watched, didn't talk) but I can't believe I did this. I love me and can't believe I've let it get this far. I literally was praying to God- please help me. I can't believe I have to go to work like this. This time I'm going to a meeting everyday bc I think I really need it. And I will keep coming back to SR for all the support.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcoem back Sunshinelove. I hope you can make this time your time to quit for good

D
Old 04-09-2018, 08:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee74. I feel good about it this time.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to see you here, Sunshinelove101. We can help you stay on your feet for sure- you can do it.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Still wearing high heels? . I remember changing the kind of shoes I wore when I went out, knowing that every time I'd get trashed and bruised up. I remember an incident where the next morning I had huge bruises all down my backside and legs, took weeks to heal up and of course by then I was bruised up in other places. I looked like I'd been in a car accident that time but it was just a fall.

You can put the madness behind you. No need to abuse yourself ever again. Best wishes with your recovery.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back. You know what I love about this place? There's literally someone here to talk to 100 percent of the time I ever need to talk. In chat or on the boards, this place is open for business 24/7.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Thanks for reminding me.z

Back at my old rental place in Venice I was absolutely ********* one night (out of MANY). The toilet was next to the tub. I started to get up but the floor was wet, my feet went out from under me. I grabbed the shower curtain to stop my fall which of course didn't work because...shower curtain. I ended up in the tub and clocked my chest on the way down.

Woke up the next morning in searing agony. I'd hidden a few vicodins from my roommate, as he would eat them all if he'd found them, just for such an occasion (opiates were never my vice). Called in sick the next day which was a Friday, it was a 'start the weekend early' Thursday night. I limped through the weekend and was sore for a few weeks.

Several years later I had a chest x-ray, and the doc says "You know you have four badly broken ribs?"

Nurse the black eye Sunny, and don't do it again. The crap we do to ourselves (DID).
Old 04-09-2018, 08:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Too bad about the black eye...

I hope you make SoberRecovery a part of your sobriety plan. Here's a couple good threads to join:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post6855355 (24Hour Recovery Connections Part 371)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post6843957
Old 04-10-2018, 07:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I sure can relate Sunshine. I've given myself several black eyes through the recent years. One was while walking downstairs to use the bathroom and missing a step (it was dark but yes, I was drunk) I fell forward and hit the railing, caught my night shirt on the post, it whipped me around and slammed my face into the rails. In doing this I also fractured my wrist. When I went to the orthopedic surgeon, everyone asked me what happened and I just said I had a bicycle wreck. EVERYONE asked.

I should have said I was drunk and fell.

The worst time was I had fallen and got a (different) black eye. I was avoiding being seen by my family but got a call in the middle of the night that my 18 year old grandson had passed away. I couldn't avoid going to his funeral and I still cringe at the shame I brought on myself and my family. The funeral was attended by over 400 people. (I even asked the mortician to help cover it up with his special makeup but it only made it look worse). Not my finest moment.

Yep, I have been one of the worst drunks I know. So glad you are finding your way to sobriety!
Old 04-10-2018, 10:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

“Hey Sunshine, how’s the nose? Remember not to drink this weekend, you might end up with a shiner, lol!”

Howdy, Sunshine, remember my post from January? It would appear I am apparently clairvoyant, lol!

Anyway, sorry to hear about the black eye! Don’t worry too much, we’ve all been there! My specialty used to be foot injuries: I broke my toes a few times and also sprained them numerous times, because that’s how clumsy I got under the influence.
Great to hear that you attend and like AA, keep it up!

Oh, and regarding your black eye, I do have a makeup tip that should patch things over:

https://www.google.com/search?q=blad...uXCRkbHBnCFFM:

Hope this helps, stay strong!
Old 04-10-2018, 08:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mac4711 View Post
“Hey Sunshine, how’s the nose? Remember not to drink this weekend, you might end up with a shiner, lol!”

Howdy, Sunshine, remember my post from January? It would appear I am apparently clairvoyant, lol!

Anyway, sorry to hear about the black eye! Don’t worry too much, we’ve all been there! My specialty used to be foot injuries: I broke my toes a few times and also sprained them numerous times, because that’s how clumsy I got under the influence.
Great to hear that you attend and like AA, keep it up!

Oh, and regarding your black eye, I do have a makeup tip that should patch things over:

https://www.google.com/search?q=blad...uXCRkbHBnCFFM:

Hope this helps, stay strong!
Haha! I actually do remember that post and remembered it after I woke up with a black eye!! Also the Bladerunner makeup would work great- I wish I could get away with that at work. lol

Thank you all for sharing your stories and your support and encouragement. I never thought I'd feel this positive with a bunch of arnica gel on my eye. But truth is at work today when I was feeling insecure and even when I was out walking my dog- I was really looking forward to SR and going to a meeting. So, anyway, thank you all for taking the time for the shared stories and support.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good on ya Sunshine.

I fell over a LOT towards the end of my drinking. Always, always blamed my shoes or the pavement haha. Although I actually managed a fairly dramatic fall/roll in a shop the other day. I'd squatted down to get something from the lowest shelf with my hsnd full of other stuff and somehow managed to topple backwards. Rolled right over and when I tried to get up fell again. Boy, was I embarrassed!!! It was horrible. Realky busy in there with the after-work rush as well. Straight off I though "Oh no, they'll know I'm drunk" swiftly followed my "Berry you haven't had a drink in over 4 years you arsehat ". Lol. Oh well. At least it's once every 4 years instead of a regular event nowadays.

Hope your eye gets better quickly.

BB