Notices

I stopped needing to use foundation on my face

Old 03-12-2018, 12:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

When I last drank, I was 31 years old and I had psoriasis and gout.

At age 61, I have had 1 minor flare-up of the psoriasis and no gout.

I still have moist skin, which should be turning brown in the near future as I start spending more time outside.

The hair is grey, but I no longer look and feel like I have the flu, like I did when I was out of my mind drunk every day.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My looks improved a lot after I got sober. It took a while, but my red face went away and I look 100 percent healthier.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Piping in again....I don't know about y'all but my hair salon has VERY glarish lighting (I assume so the stylists can see clearly). I used to hate having to sit in front of a mirror for a cut or highlights, because even with makeup I looked just ghastly at worst, passable at best. This week when I was there with no makeup, I noticed that..without anything but lipstick quickly put on as I went in yoga clothes, I looked quite fine!

Love it.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
G-Woman

A good friend of mine (who knows about my recovery journey) told me that I looked great the other day, and that I looked "healthy." I don't always see it, but I sure as heck don't mind if others notice.

One big difference I notice is my eyes - lids aren't puffy, no more squinty, bloodshot eyes. I probably look a LOT less tired.

Yaaaaaaaay for recovery!
Old 03-17-2018, 07:52 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It is sooooo nice to not have the puffy red face anymore. I used to use a green-tinted face powder to hide the redness. Who did I think I was fooling? I looked and probably smelled terrible every day.

I even convinced myself that maybe I had lupus due to the “butterfly mask” of redness on my face and had my doctor test me for it. Tests came back fine. No lupus. Just so many Strawberitas, I was turning into one. Ugh, don’t miss those days at all.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:02 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
I'm 48. I just use moisturizer, do my brows, eyeliner and mascara. because people need to see that skin, that non poisoned skin.

Good Lord I look better. No death mask here. The mirror makes me smile

going on six months of total sobriety from alcohol.
I have also stopped needing to use foundation since giving up alcohol can't believe the difference in my skin. It's such a lovely feeling going bare faced and saves me even more ££ ☺
Old 03-17-2018, 10:05 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Piping in again....I don't know about y'all but my hair salon has VERY glarish lighting (I assume so the stylists can see clearly). I used to hate having to sit in front of a mirror for a cut or highlights, because even with makeup I looked just ghastly at worst, passable at best. This week when I was there with no makeup, I noticed that..without anything but lipstick quickly put on as I went in yoga clothes, I looked quite fine!

Love it.
Haha this gave me a little chuckle, I'm a hair stylist, try working behind the mirror all day you take to avoiding your reflection for much of the day!