SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Hope is a powerful thing (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/424200-hope-powerful-thing.html)

BullDog777 02-28-2018 10:36 PM

Hope is a powerful thing

Well, I did it.

Today marks 2 years since I walked away.

It's not all sunshine and rainbows, but it's mostly great.

I have a lot of hope nowadays

that's all i wanted to say.

Dee74 02-28-2018 10:50 PM

Congrats on 2 years BD :)

D

Wholesome 03-01-2018 03:40 AM

Congrats on 2 years Bulldog! That's awesome!

JayTee33 03-01-2018 04:12 AM

Congratulations, and from a newcomer it's so helpful to hear messages of hope like this. Thanks!

Maudcat 03-01-2018 05:22 AM

Congratulations, Bulldog.
Well done.

zjw 03-01-2018 05:39 AM

simply stated and to the point love it. Good job!!

ScottFromWI 03-01-2018 06:51 AM

Congratulations Bulldog, you've come a long way in those 2 years and thanks for your contributions here during that time. Stories like yours are an inspiration to others, and we need to hear them.

Hawkeye13 03-01-2018 07:14 AM

You are amazing Bulldog--thanks for sharing your journey with us all :)

Bird615 03-01-2018 07:14 AM

Nice going!

CreativeThinker 03-01-2018 07:47 PM

Nice job BD! :c011:

Mac4711 03-02-2018 10:47 AM

Congrats, Bulldog, what an accomplishment!

DarklingSong 03-02-2018 11:35 AM

Congratulations......thats a fantastic achievement.

waynetheking 03-02-2018 07:01 PM

You dug your teeth in sobriety. 2 years is AWESOME!
Congrats bulldog. Your doing fine!!

fini 03-02-2018 07:05 PM

way to go, bulldog!

BullDog777 03-05-2018 08:59 PM

thanks for the kind words! :)

it was a good day. I went out with my neighbors like i have with every anniversary and that was that.

very non eventful.

I wish i had some profound words to express or to share, but I'm just semi-happily moving along , just living one day at a time.

It was weird...my dr. refilled all my prescriptions this time with no blood work. I guess she was satisfied that i had a panel done in september when i had my kidney stones.

I had a general consultation appt for today but had to cancel because the school was closed due to high wind damage. I guess i'll reschedule some other time.
I think i'm ok with that.

anyway, that's all.
peace! :)

Stayingsassy 03-05-2018 09:45 PM

You've come such a long way, bulldog. Congratulations on two years, ill bet you have a much more developed perspective than I have.

I'm looking forward to the day I don't have that "weird" feeling with complete sobriety, that reminder all the time that yes, I am wide awake and yes, I am experiencing all feelings at all times...I'm thinking at two years you just groove more.

Keep on keepin' on dealing with life on life's terms, I'll bet you're getting pretty good at that. :)

BullDog777 03-05-2018 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy (Post 6811067)
You've come such a long way, bulldog. Congratulations on two years, ill bet you have a much more developed perspective than I have.

I'm looking forward to the day I don't have that "weird" feeling with complete sobriety, that reminder all the time that yes, I am wide awake and yes, I am experiencing all feelings at all times...I'm thinking at two years you just groove more.

Keep on keepin' on dealing with life on life's terms, I'll bet you're getting pretty good at that. :)

Good Lord you're good at explaining things.....that's pretty much exactly what it's like. I sat here scratchin my head for like an hour tryin to get something like that out. LOL.

For me, it's a lot of feeling more comfortable in my own skin and knowing how to identify what's going on before I start to spiral.
In a lot of ways, that's the peace I'm talking about. It's priceless.

Thank you for sharing that. I don't know what you do for a living, but you really ought to think about going into becoming some sort of an addiction counselor. I've been around the recovery rooms most of my adult life and you just get it.

Snowydelrico 03-05-2018 10:57 PM

Well don bulldog, congratulations.
:You_Rock_

Stayingsassy 03-06-2018 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by BullDog777 (Post 6811074)
Good Lord you're good at explaining things.....that's pretty much exactly what it's like. I sat here scratchin my head for like an hour tryin to get something like that out. LOL.

For me, it's a lot of feeling more comfortable in my own skin and knowing how to identify what's going on before I start to spiral.
In a lot of ways, that's the peace I'm talking about. It's priceless.

Thank you for sharing that. I don't know what you do for a living, but you really ought to think about going into becoming some sort of an addiction counselor. I've been around the recovery rooms most of my adult life and you just get it.

thank you for saying that. I appreciate that a lot.
While my job is quite similar in a lot of ways, I've unfortunately been around the recovery rooms a lot myself over the last decade and I probably just speak the lingo. You'd think with all that practice in recovery I'd have more than five months...just goes to show what a sneaky bastard this condition is.

And how we should never take sobriety for granted. What a blessing we are on this side of that horrifying fence.