Notices

After Car Wreck.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation After Car Wreck.

I'm so disappointed with myself. I was doing well about a year ago. Then went went back to being "Functional" as the say. I got a great job that I'm on leave from now because I was in a accident about a month ago. Totaled my car flipped it over and everything. Now I'm out of work on leave, and have no motivation to do anything but drink. I haven't drank in 6 days but god damn. I've been through so much. I just want to live the life I know I can live. SOBER!!!! I
Old 02-28-2018, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 days!

I am sorry for what has transpired in your life. You can turn this around. In fact, you are already turning your life in to what you know it can be by not drinking. Take this leave time as a time to nurture yourself and to get moving in a positive direction.

Do you have a plan for your recovery?
Old 02-28-2018, 10:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Rilla,

I'm 6 days in too, so I empathize that it is hard at this stage! But from my perspective the fact that you're here and talking means you're committed and heading in the right direction! Something else we have in common - I've been off from my job on medical leave for a few months as well (an unrelated medical issue), and the combination of feeling guilty and stressed about missing work and free time at home sent me into a downward spiral of drinking. I'm only now starting to feel strong enough to move in a positive direction and away from alcohol. Sending you positive thoughts. We can do this!
Old 02-28-2018, 11:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome to SR Rilla, sorry to hear about your accident and job. A lot of us have done things we regret because of our drinking, but that doesn't mean you can't move forward and live a good/productive/happy life.

Staying sober is THE most important thing you can do first, above and beyond your job or car or anything else really. 6 days is a fantastic start, but it will take time to make positive change. You'll find a lot of support here and lots of information about all the various plans/programs that others use to help them get and stay sober. For some, SR is even their main support.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We're happy you're here with us, Rilla.

Most of us didn't get sober while we were on a winning streak with the other areas of our lives.

We hope you hang around and keeps us posted.