Notices

just....ugh..........

Old 02-27-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just....ugh..........

I've been in a crap mood this week. Due to the state of our wonderful country, my wife is being forced out of her position at her government job because apparently nuclear waste is only reason why the EPA and DOE still exist. So....we're stressed.

The powers that be have told her that she would be safe, but nobody has officially reassigned her. We were told the Army.. then the DOJ....then back to DOE....nobody seems to have any ducks in a row except to tell her when her last day is at her current position.

There's a possibility she may not be reassigned; although certain appointed individuals have assured her "not to worry". These are people that are working on shoestring budgets though. "Don't worry...." Yup...heard that before.

Time's a wastin and it's getting a bit too close for comfort. I haven't been sleeping....again. I've been down in the dumps. Don't know what I can do to change it except to try to keep busy.

We'll be fine in the end. Nobody is gonna be homeless. We are very fortunate to have resources. It's just all this upheaval is very stressful on top of a midlife crisis.

My wife keeps saying my anxiety and depression is "situational" ...but isn't that what life kinda is? I feel like i need to be on anti anxiety meds maybe for depression too. She thinks after we get over this hump, i'll feel better. Yeah, but I've been sortta saying i needed to be back on the anti-anxiety for over a year. That's not getting over a hump.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not horribly sad or depressed or anxious....I DO know I could be doing a lot better though. So isn't that why we got sober in the first place? So we could be more healthy in mind and body? Sigh....I'm confused.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, all I can say is that is the paradox of drinking.
It seems like it makes things beterr.
Heck, maybe it does for a little while, but long term, it only makes things worse.my spouse was a federal employee for several years.
It was mostly fine, but there were times of great uncertainty.
Good luck. Hope things work out.
And if you think you need anti anxiety meds, maybe you should talk to your physician.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are in a really rough patch. It seems to be going around. Must be the water....

If you really think that speaking to your doctor will be helpful make that appointment. There is no reason why you should suffer while being sober. Def defeats the point, in my opinion.

Yes, this is about healthy body and mind. You sense that something is off and I would trust in that.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Drinking didn't just alter my mental state, it also was so punishing that it was highly, highly distracting. Take away the procurement of alcohol, drinking of alcohol, recovering from alcohol, then procuring it again...well, life gets very, very real. Sometimes it is so good and comforting and other times it just smacks you in the face. Hard.

Hang in there. See a doc about meds. Can't hurt. Best of luck to you guys.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hope things work out for you both. Uncertainty is very hard to deal with.....even if you don't suffer with anxiety. Hopefully the storm will pass soon.