Notices

Was'nt going to post

Old 11-03-2004, 01:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Was'nt going to post

I wrote this a couple of times and scrapped it, I guess mainly because there are only so many times people will read an " Ive f888ed up again" post. But I know that ultimately I will win through and being here will help.

Woke up this morning with a hangover, familiar dull throb in my right side. It was reading some of the threads this morning when I got into work, especially paragons thread and musics comments, that clicked a switch in my head.

I wanted to stop drinking but had not yet finished with it, I have been making all the right noises, started AA, but not finished with drink.

This morning I have finished drinking and its not the hangover talking. I asked myself a simple question,

"Have you had enough yet and if not, when will you have had?".

The prospect of repeating this cycle to a point of no return is unbearable and I know that if I drink, there is no such thing as enough . So the answer is yes, I have had enough to drink. I have tried to do one day at a time and still will , but for me I have to make a personal commitment that I will never drink again , ever, I have had my fill. I will do that one day at a time.

I am an alcohlic.

Thanks for listening

Pete
Old 11-03-2004, 02:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

I think people will keep reading and I think people will keep asking you the same questions or sharing the same info till you say enough and "mean it".

What you could do if you want to continue on the same cycle you have been on... just copy and save to file the post. That way it will save you the typing each time.
Then again...finding that you have had enough and truly strive to seek the better way, you could just come here and share how life is so much better sober. A new post each day *Smile*

Yes you know the good and bad of things. You know what needs be done.
Keep trying till you start doing. One day you will see the light and find your cure. Today just may be that day.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Pete

Glad you posted.

Nobody can pretend that sobriety and recovery are easy to achieve. However, you know that the process isn't complicated. If you are truly READY there is nothing to stop you.

I don't know how you spend your day, but in the early days, just make sure you fill your day with things you want to do for yourself.

There is no point in worrying what happened yesterday. Just close that chapter in the book. Start a new chapter today and don't worry how it will turn out. None of us knows whether the book will contain a happy ending, but sober, the plot can be very exciting and worthwhile every page we read.

Stick with it Pete.

Rich